Wells Fargo Forced Me to Change My Logon ID - Now I Cannot Download Transactions

Wells Fargo Bank forced me to changed my UserID as part of their enhanced security measures maybe 4-5 days ago.  I updated my OneStep Update Settings w/ my new User ID and password, but now when I run it, NONE of my Wells Fargo transactions download anymore.  It used to work just fine before I was forced to change it.  What is the difference now?

This is irritating because this is my primary bank account(s) which I use daily.  I've tried resetting the account about 5x now to no avail.  I've deactivated it and reactivated it again.  The only thing that worked is where I log into my actual bank accounts, download the transactions to a file and then import it.  I do not want to do this-- as I'm already doing it for my Bank of America checking account which is a pain in the azz because I could never get those transactions to download either since opening those accounts a little over a year ago. 

I don't know why I continue to fool with Quicken because it seems every year there is decreased functionality.  MOST of my accounts don't even sync to the cloud either... but I've digressed.

The primary reason for this post is that functionality I had before appears to no longer work due to a simply UserID change.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank You In Advance, Anissa Cook

Comments

• RandyPRandyP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    When you say "now when I run it, NONE of my Wells Fargo transactions download anymore." what does that mean? Is Quicken actually making the connection with the bank, or does the attempt to connect fail?
  • Anissa CookAnissa Cook Member
    edited December 2018
    It connects, but then says zero transactions downloaded.  Why is it looking for transactions from 2015?  Also created a brand new file and it downloaded last 90 days of transactions just fine, but not to my existing file.  Don't know if it's hung up on the new username somewhere.  Also validated and repaired my original file, but no errors come up.

• Bob S.Bob S. Member
    edited December 2018
    Just moved from Quicken Windows (under Parallels) several weeks ago to Quicken Mac 2019.  I have seven accounts including savings, checking, credit card and investments at Wells Fargo, and my downloads have been without error, but I have seen no change in password handling.  Reconciliation is a snap so far. Is this problem something that I have to look forward to?  Or, do you suppose it is something unique to your settings?
  • RandyPRandyP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

It connects, but then says zero transactions downloaded.  Why is it looking for transactions from 2015?  Also created a brand new file and it downloaded last 90 days of transactions just fine, but not to my existing file.  Don't know if it's hung up on the new username somewhere.  Also validated and repaired my original file, but no errors come up.

I find it strange that Wells Fargo would ask you to change your User ID. I can understand them wanting you to change your password to a more secure one, but not User ID.

Wait a sec . . . if Wells Fargo is your primary account (that you use daily), you also have a BOA checking account?  If you're logging into your accounts via the web and downloading your data, then you try to get Quicken to do it, you may have reached your limit of data download imposed by the bank.
    edited December 2018

I found it strange too. so I will not be surprised if I get a notification that some data breach has occurred as well.  But you gave me an idea, maybe I'll try changing it back to my old one and see if that does the trick.  I'll see if it lets me do that.

There is a limit of data downloads?  BofA isn't even connected to Quicken.  I have to download a file and then import it into Quicken so that should not be a factor.

Thanks though-- I spent 2 hours on a chat w/ Quicken and they couldn't fix it either.  Quicken sucks.
    edited January 13
    This only worked by me creating a brand new file.  A new file also resolved several other issues I was experiencing with other online connections.  Quicken is very picky in that it almost forces you to create new files every year.
This discussion has been closed.