Online Bills Not Updating

Lou VenemaLou Venema Member
edited December 2018 in Paying Bills (Windows)
Online bills are not updating correctly.Here are just some of the problems:
AT&T may or may not download a bill for either of my accounts, usually not.
State Farm now has 2 different bills set up for the same due date and amount. One is correct the other is completely unrelated. Also I have a new bill withe paper bill in my hand but Quicken does not download it.Another State Farm bills shown an incorrect due date.

I have set up online bills with 4 different accounts at the request of Quicken support. Each time it works for a while then starts having problems.

Surely somebody must have a solution to getting online bills working correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lou

Comments

• QPWQPW Member
    edited December 2018
    Surely somebody must have a solution to getting online bills working correctly.
    I have found no magic bullet that makes it all work.

How well it works seems to be largely dependent on which billers you have.
    Then couple in that with the bugs that do things like you describe where the Online Bill "duplicates" things.

About the only suggestion I have for a "try" at getting it working is to make sure you have Quicken patched to the latest version, and then remove all Online Bills and the reminders associated with them.   And set them up again.

At the moment I have mine all working.  But I have purposely left off a couple that I know never work right.

One last note about when you have multiple bills per username/password.

Make sure you do them by creating the Online Bill and selecting all than you want to use, and do the linking to reminders later.  If you try to do them separately it will never work right.
  • Lou VenemaLou Venema Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the response. In the past I have tried that but ended up not being able to add the new bills because there was a biller with the same name already (my Quicken billers list was blank). I also followed instructions to create a new account and add all the billers again. This worked for a while but slowly  problems started appearing again.

As far as I know I have the latest version - Quicken 2017 Version 17.4 and build 26.1.17.4. The problem seems to reappear a short while after I allow the update to install but that could just be coincidence.

About a week ago I tried to add a new biller. It did not seem to work. When I tried to add it yesterday I was told  the biller was already set up but not on my screen. Obviously there is some kind of communication between my machine and the vendor's server. I would think that some kind of a log file would show that and a download could be checked for errors somehow.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited December 2018

Thanks for the response. In the past I have tried that but ended up not being able to add the new bills because there was a biller with the same name already (my Quicken billers list was blank). I also followed instructions to create a new account and add all the billers again. This worked for a while but slowly  problems started appearing again.

As far as I know I have the latest version - Quicken 2017 Version 17.4 and build 26.1.17.4. The problem seems to reappear a short while after I allow the update to install but that could just be coincidence.

About a week ago I tried to add a new biller. It did not seem to work. When I tried to add it yesterday I was told  the biller was already set up but not on my screen. Obviously there is some kind of communication between my machine and the vendor's server. I would think that some kind of a log file would show that and a download could be checked for errors somehow.

Yeah unfortunately I think you have gone down the same path I have, and like I said I haven't seen any magic that makes it work.  It is more "luck" than anything else.

I will say that I believe that the subscription version of Quicken is handling it "slightly better".  For instance recovering from "biller already exists" seems to work better.
This discussion has been closed.