Home Quicken Mobile Errors and Troubleshooting (Mobile)

Quicken Mobile and USAA Account not working

jlweaver22jlweaver22 Member ✭✭
Quicken Mobile (iOS) and Web are not syncing with USAA Accounts.   I've reported this problem twice before (once under the beta testing for the new Mobile release) and it has yet to be resolved.  The app continues to report "Connectivity Error - Swipe to Fix" on all USAA accounts.  If "fix" is tried it says it cannot connect to USSA.  This has been going on for months with no feedback on eta of fix.  My Quicken subscription is coming up for renewal and now I'm questioning whether to renew.   Note also, this problem occurs on the Web Based version of quicken, as well.  It's not just on iOS.   I'm on an iPhone 8, iOS 12.1.1, Quicken Mobile is 5.7.0, Quicken Mac is 5.8.2.  Everyone is up to date.  A cloud based service that does not work on the iOS platform is of little use.  When can we expect a fix?

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Have you contacted USAA to request this access?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Don't hold your breath. I've tried many, many suggestions to fix this and nothing works. I'm beginning to think that the developers cannot fix this.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    plwj said:

Have you contacted USAA to request this access?

USAA works fine with the MacOS app. It's just the mobile and web apps that don't sync. On going problem for quite some time.
  • HermanHerman Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Same problem with one of my chase credit cards as well.....nothing seems to help.  :(
  • jlweaver22jlweaver22 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    So this is really disappointing. I reported this problem as part of the beta testing for the new Mobile App. I find it unsettling they’d release the App with such a major flaw. This speaks very poorly for their quality control.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I was getting this error for my USAA accounts and tonight I got a new version of the Android app (5.8.0), and it is now working.  I checked on the Quicken Web and my checking account is fine, but my savings account is still not working.

I believe the problem has something to do with these being Direct Connect.  I have seen other reports for different financial institutions, and the connect type being Direct Connect seems to be the problem.

I have two Chase credit cards and a savings account and they are all working at this time on both the mobile app and web.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I just got my USAA savings account to work right on Quicken Web by taking it out of the accounts to sync.  Syncing, and then putting it back in, and syncing again.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    QPW said:

I just got my USAA savings account to work right on Quicken Web by taking it out of the accounts to sync.  Syncing, and then putting it back in, and syncing again.

I just tried this and it did not work.  I disabled my USAA checking from downloading.  Synced. Closed my Quicken for Mac 2019.  Opened it and set up downloads for checking.  I used Direct Connect.  Synced.  Logged into Quicken Web and I still got the red exclamation point.  I also continue to get the Unable To Connect error on the app. I have an iPhone X running latest iOS 12.1.2 and my MacBook is running Mojave 10.14.2.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    QPW said:

Well there is a lot of combinations of software going on here, so that might be the difference.

I'm on Windows 10, Quicken Windows R17.5, using the latest Android Quicken Mobile app 5.8.0.
    And so about the only thing we probably have in common is Quicken Web which is version 1.1.15.
  • jlweaver22jlweaver22 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    For those interested, I had this researched by the Quicken "Office of the President" and here is their response.

Hi Jeffery,

I hope this email finds you well. I’m following up regarding the issue you’re experiencing when trying to download transactions for your USAA accounts through the web and mobile app. I’ve reviewed your log files and confirmed that the error occurring is due to an issue on the OFX server with USAA. 

Within your desktop version of Quicken, you’re downloading your USAA transactions using Direct Connect as the connection method. Quicken Mobile and Web currently use a different connection method to download transactions. This connection method allows us to obtain an OFX file with the transaction details.  Sadly, a critical part of the OFX file being provided to us by USAA is missing, which is causing the error you’re encountering. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t an error we can fix on our end because we don’t have access to USAA’s OFX server. We recommend contacting USAA directly and letting them know that you’re unable to download transactions into Quicken and Quicken is receiving the following error message: OFXHEADER is missing in OFX response

Additionally, I wanted to let you know that we’re moving to a new connection method which will resolve this issue you’re experiencing; however, we still in the beginning stages of this transition. We anticipate our beta testing for this change to start this summer. 

I’m so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best,
    Nicole
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iOS APP ERROR WITH USAA.

As noted two months go, an still no answer from Quicken:
    All USAA accounts are syncing on the Quicken desktop application; however, they are not refreshing within the Quicken mobile application nor Quicken for the Web. An attempt to "Swipe to Fix" produces a pop-up stating "We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later." From the accounts section of the iOS application: "This account needs your attention. We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later. Care Code: ccscrape.180". 
This discussion has been closed.