Cannot download transactions from Alliant Credit Union NO ERROR MESSAGE

Run One Step Update everything appears "normal" no error messages. Known transactions (from online lookup) do not appear. Choose "update now" from Account and get message to "fill passwords" links to Password vault where password is good. Only other option is Cancel. Attempt to Reconcile and Balance is correct! Option to update before reconciling works as above with no update. 

Comments

• edited December 2018
    That is Alliant Credit Union where this problem is.
  • Quicken AlexQuicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading your Alliant Credit Union accounts. I've just checked the "health" of this financial institution; there are multiple download errors showing at this time:

As you're being directed to fill password from your Password Vault, I recommend first trying these steps: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503. If you continue having trouble, it might be time to contact our Care team for a log file review. Every time Quicken attempts to download transactions, a log is created, detailing what our servers say to your financial institution, as well as their response. While you don't see an actual error message or code, it's possible we can get more detailed information about what's causing this from your logs. If you'd like to get in touch, our Care contact details can be found at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • Cindi AndersonCindi Anderson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Mine might be a separate issue?  My Alliant credit card was cancelled due to fraud and I was issued a new number at Alliant.  I have gone through the process in Quicken multiple times to repair it, where it asks if I have changed account name, shows me the account number of the new card, etc. then says success, it is repaired and I won't have an issue anymore.  But I still don't get transactions downloaded.  No error message, just no transactions.  Is there something else I should try in this case?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Mine might be a separate issue?  My Alliant credit card was cancelled due to fraud and I was issued a new number at Alliant.  I have gone through the process in Quicken multiple times to repair it, where it asks if I have changed account name, shows me the account number of the new card, etc. then says success, it is repaired and I won't have an issue anymore.  But I still don't get transactions downloaded.  No error message, just no transactions.  Is there something else I should try in this case?

Cindi,
    You need to disable the Alliant account from download, exit Q, restart Q, Edit the Alliant account to change the account name and then re-enable the account for download.

You didn't just change the account name ... you changed the account NUMBER.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    edited December 2018

I don't want it to show up as a new account though, I want all the history in one place. (Particularly because hidden accounts can't be hidden in my Quicken.)  It asked me when I re-activated whether the new card number was the right card and I said yes.  And I know it knows it is, because it tells me the balance on the new number.  It just isn't downloading the transactions.  If I do what you suggest will it make a new account or add to the existing account?  
    edited December 2018

Well I went ahead and tried it and it made a new account instead of adding to the old.  That sucks.  I have credit card numbers changed several times a year due to fraud and it's just more junk accounts clogging my Quicken.  It also didn't download any transactions, just the opening balance.  So I still am not convinced Alliant is downloading any transactions.
  • edited December 2018
    I have used my login information to log in to Alliant and have downloaded the history files to update my accounts. I do this daily now. I have opened the Password Vault and cleared the password and reentered it. All to no avail. Still getting no updates and no error messages.  The Alliant Accounts are the only "Express Web" Accounts I have, all the others are direct connect. I wonder if this plays a role. 
    edited December 2018

It created a NEW account, instead of linking, because when Q asked how you wanted to associate the online account with Q, you chose "NEW" instead of LINK.

User error.
    edited December 2018

I have used my login information to log in to Alliant and have downloaded the history files to update my accounts. I do this daily now. I have opened the Password Vault and cleared the password and reentered it. All to no avail. Still getting no updates and no error messages.  The Alliant Accounts are the only "Express Web" Accounts I have, all the others are direct connect. I wonder if this plays a role. 

Express Web Connect is Q's LEAST reliable download method. It definitely plays a role.

And, what you're doing is known as "Web Connect", not EWC.  EWC is operated via One Step Update.
    edited December 2018

Yes, well in my defense, that wasn't part of your instructions :-)  I re-did it with link and it added it to the original.  And interestingly it DID decide to download all the transactions this time, which it didn't do when I added it as a new account.  Go figure.

Thanks
  • edited December 2018

Cindi, You have jumped in on my post with an unrelated issue with Alliant . You really should have started your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.