Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Edit reminders with splits in QP2019

speedleverspeedlever Member ✭✭
Unable to edit splits in reminder transactions in QP2019. I recently purchased QP2019 (moving from QP2016). I have multiple bill and income reminders setup, some of which have splits in them. 

Tonight I discovered a change from QP2016 in that I am unable to edit the splits in reminders for this instance and/or future instances. I don't see any option at all to edit the splits. I can change the date, the overall amount, etc, but nowhere do I find the ability to edit the individual splits. 

Please tell me I have overlooked something obvious here. If I click on the Tag items in the below image, it opens another screen but does not allow me to see the splits nor edit them.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your example is for a transfer reminder from one account to another.  Categories can have splits, but I don't recall accounts ever having that ability.  Splitting bill or income reminders is not an issue.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • speedleverspeedlever Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Interesting. I thought sure that I remembered editing the splits in a reminder. I'm almost positive, but it's been a while since I needed to do that. Regardless, I found it to be editable in income and bills as you said, but not this one example transfer. I tried to validate and super validate with no luck.

I guess I'll have to figure out plan B.

BTW, the ones that let me edit have split categories just above the tags in my example pic.
  • psobilopsobilo Member ✭✭✭
    While you can not use the EDIT button to alter the reminder, you will get a pop-up allowing you to alter the split when you hit the ENTER button to activate the Transfer.

If you wish to make a 'permanent change' to the split for "this and all future" transfers, you will need to delete and re-create a new reminder with the new amounts.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:

Reminders designated as "Transfer Reminders" can not have splits - that has never been possible.

If you want to create a Reminder with split lines, and have one or more of those split lines transfer funds from one account to another; you need to create an Income or Expense (Bill) Reminder (depending on the account in which you intend to Enter the Reminder).

I never use "Transfer" Reminders. if I want a Reminder that transfers funds from one account to another, I start with an Income or Expense (Bill) Reminder, and enter just the one "transfer category" (the receiving account in square brackets) in the Category field. If I later want to change that Reminder to a split transaction, no special effort is required.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.