Wells Fargo and Quicken

Communication error. Cannot connect to WF for a few days now due to some communication error.  Please advise when corrected.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13

In case of transaction download errors

Please provide more
    details.

What error codes,
    error messages, symptoms do you get?

What bank(s) are you having issues with?

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues
    with?

Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when
    you attempt to download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the
    Web?

What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Also need to know what version and release of Quicken you are using. You must
    be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If
    you're missing patches, update your software first.

Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine
    year/version and release.

Quicken for Windows
    users: If you feel like beginning to troubleshoot this yourself, please read
    and follow instructions here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

• MaikeerMaikeer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have been getting sporadic errors for about a week or so too.  I am on Quicken (Windows) 2017 Premier, R17.4.   Sometimes the download fails during One Step Update, but I can then successfully download Wells Fargo from the button at the upper right of the register.  

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Maikeer I have been experiencing the same OL-301A error sporadically for the last several days.  I myself am not worried about it.  I have noticed that if you do a OSU again, or do a "Connect Now", it will download.  I have a feeling it has something to do with Wells Fargo's website, as I have also gotten the same message sporadically when I have logged onto their website directly. 
  • FranFran Member
    edited December 2018
    UKR said:

Please provide more
    details.

What error codes,

with?

Web?

Quicken for Windows

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

It tells me to contact Quicken Support, so here I am.  The error still continues

What happened?
    During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online
    error [CC-505].

What does that mean?
    Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a
    temporary server issue or a communication error. 

Check periodically to see if the issue is resolved
    1. Open your account register, click the Account Actions gear
      icon, and choose Update Now.
    2. If the update is not successful, try again the next
      business day. If the problem persists for more than a few days, contact Quicken
      Support
      for assistance. Your financial institution cannot resolve this
      issue.

I can get on the website just fine.  There is no troubleshooting that I can do, this is the only bank I'm having an issue with.  I have one credit card account with this bank.

I have a pc, Windows 10 OS, Quicken Premier 2017.

Hopefully somebody from quicken will see this message.  It is my experience that if I call the bank, they will tell me to contact quicken.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    UKR said:

Please provide more
    details.

What error codes,

with?

Web?

Quicken for Windows

It tells me to contact Quicken Support, so here I am.
    You may learn how to contact Quicken Support at: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Note: Quicken continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • edited January 13
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wells Fargo downloads.

Direct connect does not connect.  Express connect does not download ANY deposits.  Q has this so screwed up I cannot even imagine it.  I have taxes to do and cannot get any accurate information.  I am facing serious financial problems and they make suggestions on how to solve it that don't come close to working. My Quicken is 2019 Home, Business and Rental. Version R17.6 Build 27.1.17.6
  • Triple NickleTriple Nickle Member
    edited January 13
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wells Fargo transCtions not downloading.

Since Jan 1st, transactions have stopped downloading with no indication of error or problem. Update seems to run to completion but no new transactions are there. (Quicken for Windows 2017)
  • JSJS Member
    edited January 27
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Connectivity Problems continue at Wells Fargo.

Continuing problems connecting to Wells Fargo. I have Quicken Deluxe 20109 R17.6 Build 27.1.17.6 I just bought the product and have had nothing but issues using Quicken with Wells Fargo. I have uninstalled. Reinstalled. No matter what I do after a few days to a week Quicken keeps erroring out talking to Wells Fargo. Says try again in a few days. Unfortunately free support will run out and I never really got to use the dang software. QUICKEN SUCKS.
  • Loesje ShemaLoesje Shema Member
    edited January 27
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issues with Wells Fargo.

I was hoping you could finally get Wells Fargo to talk to my program without my having to disconnect then reconnect every single day I want to update my balances. This has been going on at least two years!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: An Update from Eric Dunn.
  • Chris McGrewChris McGrew Member
    edited January 27
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error CC-502: i bank with Well Fargo and for the past 11 days have beenunable to....

Error Code CC4502
  • K HK H Member
    edited January 27
    The only way I can download is to go to bank site first then go back to quicken and open. One exception is if I have a bill to send then it works. What a pain.