Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Share Online access to an account with a family member in Quicken Web

Dave KishDave Kish Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Using Quicken on the Web
Wondering if anyone has tried to share a specific account with a family member? My scenario is that I have my kids pay for a portion of their cell phone and car insurance, but would like a way for them to check their "balance" online to help them become accountable for the responsibility without needing me to remind them all the time. It would be terrific if I could allow them to access a cash account in my Quicken Web (or some other creative solution) so that I can just have it automatically update their balance each month, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello Dave. Appreciate your question.

We need more info so that we can best help you: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Dave KishDave Kish Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi ... thanks. Info below:

Quicken Deluxe 2019
    Version: R16.14
    Build: 27.1.16.14
    Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.846)
    Cable Modem Connection 
    Installed Quicken originally via Download
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello Dave. Appreciate your question and information.

For others to be able to read the information from Quicken on the Web, they will need to know your Quicken ID and password. 

There is really no other way to share access with other family members with QOTW without this information.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Hello Dave. Appreciate your question and information.

For others to be able to read the information from Quicken on the Web, they will need to know your Quicken ID and password. 

There is really no other way to share access with other family members with QOTW without this information.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

That said, if they are the only ones going to use QWeb (or likewise QMobile), you can choose to only make the specific accounts visible. 

That being said, since they need to have the Quicken ID and Password, be aware that there are caveats to this approach. 
    • Since there is only one Quicken ID per Quicken Account, only one credit score, Zillow score, and other data are available via the Quicken Cloud.
    • Only one e-mail or phone number can be used for Multi-factor authentication in order to login to Quicken. 
    • Anyone with access to the Quicken ID has access to any/all your personal info that is available via My Account on Quicken.com, where they could update the password, billing information, etc. 
    • Any data file with the same Quicken ID can access any cloud data from any other data file tied to the Quicken ID (relevant for mobile sync and EWC aggregation). (A file password would not prevent that.)
    In short, if there are multiple users involved in sharing the same Quicken ID (typical in the same household) be mindful with whom you are sharing your Quicken ID and password.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Dave KishDave Kish Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion ... that is about all I could think of as well. 
This discussion has been closed.