Why won't Quicken respond to my requests to fix the disaster their automatic upgrade has created?

My installation of Quicken is 100% unusable because their automatic upgrade split all of my accounts randomly in two. They are not duplicate accounts; some transactions went into Huntington, some transactions from the original Huntington went into a new account that Quicken created all by itself called Huntington 2. Multiply that scenario by thirty-seven (37) and span it over twenty-two (22) years of using Quicken for two small businesses and my personal finances, and you realize what an accounting disaster this is. None of the accounts are accurate, and I should not enter new transactions because no balance is correct anyway and so everything I do is blind. I reported this to Quicken via automated error reporting after Mobile Sync failed, and then again two days ago via Quicken Support. Both contacts included my email address and cell phone number and an explicit request to contact me immediately. My experience here is that Quicken is completely disingenuous when they claim in their periodic emails "We are committed to continually improving your everyday experience with Quicken so that you can effortlessly take control of your finances." I can't believe I am paying Quicken to treat me this way. 

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Why can't you simply revert to a backup?

AND, what Q product are you running?  What operating system?  What country? What Build/Release?

Because I've never heard of such a thing and I suspect that, prior to the upgrade, you had a severely corrupted Q data file.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Keith KocibaKeith Kociba Member
    edited December 2018
    I will not revert to a backup because I do not know with certainty that course of action will fix the problem and prevent it from recurring. This is a huge reliability issue and a product stewardship problem, in addition to a disaster recovery issue. If Quicken can't assure me that this problem will not recur, then I will find an accounting software that will. Installation details: OS: Windows 8.1 SP? USA. Q: 2019 Version R16.14 Build 27.1.16.14. 
  • Keith KocibaKeith Kociba Member
    edited December 2018

AND, what Q product are you running?  What operating system?  What country? What Build/Release?

Because I've never heard of such a thing and I suspect that, prior to the upgrade, you had a severely corrupted Q data file.

Search Quicken Community for "duplicate accounts". You will find there from ten (10) months ago an exact duplicate description of this problem. Further, Quicken Community labels the conversation "IN PROGRESS" at the top and "CONVERSATION CLOSED" at the bottom of the post. Closed because "the OP did not respond." Sorry, I don't know what an OP is: person, place or thing. Conclusion: this is not a new problem, it is one that Quicken has ignored. 
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I will not revert to a backup because I do not know with certainty that course of action will fix the problem and prevent it from recurring. This is a huge reliability issue and a product stewardship problem, in addition to a disaster recovery issue. If Quicken can't assure me that this problem will not recur, then I will find an accounting software that will. Installation details: OS: Windows 8.1 SP? USA. Q: 2019 Version R16.14 Build 27.1.16.14. 

You can rename the existing file and then revert to a backup.  There is also an opportunity during the restore to change the name of the file being restored.

Either way, there is nothing for you to lose.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Definition of OP: Original Poster

Bottom line is that if a person posts with a problem, but isn't willing to follow up on that problem when prompted for information, there isn't anyone can do to help that person.  What's more it means that if another person like you hits the same problem 10 months later you are "starting from scratch", the first report of it was basically useless.
This discussion has been closed.