Quicken on the web does not open my Quicken Data File.

I received Quicken email that reminded me that there is Quicken on the web. I clicked the link and Quicken on the web opened. It listed my Data File but it does not open that file and it does not populate any of my data. How does this work? Using Quicken Premiere 2019 R16.14.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    FIRST...be sure you have good backups before using this feature. Though it is hard to gauge the frequency with which this happens, enough users have reported their main data file getting corrupted after some time syncing with the online services like QMobile. And since QWeb uses the same back-end services, caution is prudent.

That said, to sync any data to the online services, you have to go to your desktop file and select which files and budget to sync. After you do that and sync the data to the Quicken Cloud, your data should appear there.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ James Butts ,

Quicken on the Web will list all your Quicken Data Files, whether you have Synced them or not, that you have opened in the Quicken Desktop Program.

You must sync the Data for you to see your Data on the Web. The Data on the Web, is not a true Backup of any sort. You can't restore it back to the Desktop.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R33.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21390.1010
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1052

Note: Holding Down the Shift Key or Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when clicking About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.