How to block my information from Quicken online?

John MosterJohn Moster Member
edited December 2018 in Using Quicken on the Web
I just got an email from Quicken that says I can access my data with Quicken Online.  That seems to verify my fear that Quicken has been uploading my person financial data and I want to know how to have that stopped, and any uploaded information deleted.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It does not happen automatically. You have the option to turn on this feature. Until then, nothing gets loaded online.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • John MosterJohn Moster Member
    edited December 2018
    So how do I know that the feature is not enabled?  Every time I have Quicken update banking transactions, it seems to connect to my Quicken account, and performs "Online Services" (pay bills and investing.quicken.com) that I have never knowingly asked for.  At times, it even refuses to access my bank accounts unless I log into Quicken.  This is all very disturbing.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

So how do I know that the feature is not enabled?  Every time I have Quicken update banking transactions, it seems to connect to my Quicken account, and performs "Online Services" (pay bills and investing.quicken.com) that I have never knowingly asked for.  At times, it even refuses to access my bank accounts unless I log into Quicken.  This is all very disturbing.

Go to app.quicken.com and login using your Quicken Id.  If there are accounts and transactions shown, data is being synced, if no data, no syncing.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• AndrewAndrew Member
    edited December 2018

If you never gave Quicken your banking account passwords, I don't think you have to worry about it.
  • John MosterJohn Moster Member
    edited December 2018

Splasher, thank you for the suggestion.  When I logged in, it showed that there was nothing there.

Andrew, In order to have Quicken download my credit card transactions, I had to provide Quicken the bank account and password information.  This is why I have been so concerned.  It appeared to me that Quicken may be financially spying on me.
This discussion has been closed.