Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Quicken on Desktop stops responding when downloading transactions form Quicken Cloud

Quicken for Windows stops responding after updating (syncing) bank information.  The One Step Update progress window shows that the banking information has updated, and the Online Services - Quicken Cloud had a green down arrow.  It does this every time you try and sync Both at the beginning of a session and at the end of the session.  I have backed up and restored my data file, ran the latest mondo patch available today (QW27.1.17.5MPatch).  Windows task manager shows Quicken 32 Bit as not responding, it is using CPU cycles, but little/no disk or network activity - yesterday I let it run for over two hours without it completing the sync. To use Quicken, I have to let it get to this point, stop the task in task manager, reopen quicken and skip the sync in order to use the program.  When I go to close, I have to wait a while then end the task in task manager?  Help?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Change the One Step Update settings to not run the Mobile sync with the regular FI downloads.  Then do the mobile sync from the Mobile & Web tab by itself.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

Change the One Step Update settings to not run the Mobile sync with the regular FI downloads.  Then do the mobile sync from the Mobile & Web tab by itself.

Thanks,

That allowed me to open the program and use it, but it still "freezes" when exiting the program.  I really bought (now "subscribe") Quicken so that I could use the program on my desktop and my iOS devices.  THis is really frustrating - the program should sync with itself in the cloud without issues.

Thanks again,
  • Patrick SheppardPatrick Sheppard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    splasher said:

I am having the identical problem! I've asked before why Quicken has become so buggy since they have separated from Intuit? This is exceedingly frustrating to have to troubleshoot after every update and then wait for a "fix"!
  • steve usersteve user Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    +1 same problem - Task manager kill, relaunch and do the same.  Then sync and leave to come back and do the same later.  i5 with 16B and it kills it to almost useless point.

I even moved the program to a SSD and its still the slowest application on the machine. 

conclusion. ( I agree Patrick) " Quicken has become so buggy since they have separated from Intuit"  Last conversation with quicken had me copying files and doing tests and all this other crap.  

Unbelievable that this passes QA.  must be agile.  give you a half baked product that they will fix later.  that doesn't work for financials..  its got to work every time!  and don't get me started on the "subscribe" BS. 

Anyone else find that the new bills page is horrendously SLOW?

edited January 2019
    Any update quicken?
    hello quicken.  when are you going to fix this?  so much for you always have the latest version!

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

UKR said:
    Try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    did not work.  still a crash-o-matic machine.  

This discussion has been closed.