Editing Multiple Transaction In Quicken

I have a number of routine monthly bills set up to be entered automatically a year in advance and I usually use an average cost for the amount if the exact cost is not known.  In the example of property tax I used $300 and I just received a statement from my municipality saying the actual amount will be $305.  So I highlight the Jan 2019 transaction and then select more report: Amount spend on property tax and I see a list of 2019 scheduled transaction.  I highlight these and see that I can delete them or re-categorize, retag, rename, edit memo....... but there is no way to change the dollar amount for all 12 entries.   What am I missing here?  I don't want to do all 12 one by one.  I could delete all 12 and then edit the amount in bills and change the next entry date but this seems to be very cumbersome.  Is there a better way to do this? 

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    That's what Scheduled Reminders are there for. You do not have to enter them into your register in advance. You just enter them into the register as they become due. When the amount (or something else) changes, you just edit the Reminder ("this transaction and all future transactions") to record the change.
    For budgeting, future scheduled reminders will show in your budget as if they were actual register transactions already, so you can see what your future budget months vs. actuals will look like.
  • PS CanadaPS Canada Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for responding and good to know.  I did check a few transactions and I see how this works re  budget and future account balances.

Notwithstanding the above, I still think there would be value in being able to do a mass edit of the dollar amount of selected transactions.    
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Find and Replace can be used to change the amount of selected transactions.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • PS CanadaPS Canada Member
    edited December 2018
    Rich M said:

This is good. There is a wide range of search options / parameters to find individual transactions to mass edit.  Thanks.    
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Rich M said:

Glad that helped, try setting up a monthly Bill Reminder in the future, as suggested by UKR, I think you'll find this works much better.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.