error OL-220A Wells Fargo

Tried connecting Quicken Deluxe to Wells Fargo. No connectivity. Received error OL-220A Called them. They said it is their problem working on it. Have been for a week. No resoluton in sight

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    Hello Ernie. Appreciate your question and apologies for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue with downloading from Wells Fargo?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • JeffJeff Member
    edited December 2018
    I have many accounts at Wellsfargo and use two separate logins, neither with sync Quicken with Wellsfargo at the moment.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jeff said:

I have many accounts at Wellsfargo and use two separate logins, neither with sync Quicken with Wellsfargo at the moment.

Hello Jeff. Appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Have you tried setting up a test file to see if you can get the Wells Fargo accounts to work in a new environment?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Lori KLori K Member
    edited January 1

Hello Ernie. Appreciate your question and apologies for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue with downloading from Wells Fargo?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I use Quicken 2017  Version R17.4 Build # 26.1.17.4
    Last successful download of transactions was Dec 17th. I am told this is a known error (OL_220A)

I have used Quicken since first release in 90's. Why is fix taking so long?
  • JonasJonas Member
    edited January 2
    I'm having the same issue with Quicken 2019 R16.14 Build 27.1.16.14.   All my financial institutions download except for Wellsfargo in which I get error "ol-220-a".  I've tried the following

1. Disconnected online services within quicken for all Wells Fargo accounts
    2. Re-established online services within quicken via "direct connect"
    3. Quicken prompts for username/password 
    4. It returns my Wellsfargo accounts and configures them
    5. It downloads any missing transactions.   

If I then close and re-open quicken and perform one step update, I get the error again.   

Any advice on next steps.  I pay the $3/month for the Wellfargo online fee

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2
    The two-step verification process is known to cause the error OL-220-A.  Turn off the two-step verification process and try OSU again.
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2
    Please see the highlighted disclaimer from the WF account website (click on the picture below to read it).  There are different options to try if having issues accessing 3rd party sites or applications:

I have several accounts with WF with Direct Connect and don't use 2 step verification and never have had any errors or issues with connectivity.
  • JonasJonas Member
    edited January 6
    Thank you for your reply.   I checked and 2-step verification is disabled within Wellsfargo site.   I never had this problem before and it just started a few weeks back.   I haven't called Wellsfargo let but that will be next step.   
  • edited January 21
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error OL-220-A Wells Fargo Bank.

I have not been able to download or pay bills through the Quicken interface to Wells Fargo bank since 12/18/18. There is an existing WF technical support number. WF tech support reports many Quicken users having this problem. I user Quicken for Windows 2019 Premier R17.6.
  • JeffJeff Member
    edited January 8
    I spoke with Wellsfargo and troubleshot my connection issues for almost an hour. I have many WF accounts spread across two login ID’s which complicates the process for me, but in short.

1. Deactivate online services for ALL of your WF accounts. Then Close Quicken.

2. Open web browser and goto: www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and login to reset your online enrollment.

3. Reactivate online services for each of your WF accounts. Be sure to click “link” as opposed to setting up new accounts within Quicken.

This worked for me and the WF Rep said it’s worked for most people. Good luck.
  • JonasJonas Member
    edited January 8
    Appears there are several resolutions for this issue.   I tried the instructions above and it did not fully work as is.   I also confirmed that dual factor authentication was not enabled on WellsFargo.   What seemed to work for me was the following.   Note.   I did perform the instructions above as well so it could be that my resolution required the www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup reset and these instructions.   

1. Deactivate online services for ALL of your WF accounts. 
    2. Go into the account details of each of your WF accounts on quicken and delete the "account number".
    3. Close Quicken.
    3. Perform the www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup reset.
    4. Re-open.  Do not run one step update.
    5. Re-enable direct connect for your WF accounts.
    4. WellsFargo will find your accounts and ask if you want to link, add or ignore.   I selected linked and mapped it to the right account.
    5.  This seemed to resolve my issue.  (However I've only tested it a few times)

Good luck as well
  • wwallyzwwallyz Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    I am having the same problem, but seem to be caught in a Catch-22 and unable to resolve the issue using the methods described so far.

Background. I was getting error OL-110-A using Quicken 2016. So I decided to upgrade to Quicken 2019 to see if that resolved the issue. I am now on 2019 version R17.6. This seemed to resolve the problem. I was able to connect to Wells Fargo so I tried to send an online payment. That worked too. Or so it seemed. My register showed an online transaction number for the online payment, but the next time I tried to connect to Wells Fargo I received the dreaded OL-220-A error. I am not using dual factor authentication at this time at the Wells Fargo site.

That's when I found this string of posts. I first tried to simply run the fmssetup protocol with Wells Fargo and try again. That didn't work. 

Now to the Cath-22. I am trying to deactivate the account. The software won't let me deactivate the account with an active online payment. So I tried to cancel the payment. In order to cancel the payment I need online access. But I don't have online access because of the dreaded OL-220-A error.

Seems I am stuck in this limbo where I need online access to clear my register in order to de-activate the online access, and yet until I deactivate the online access I won't be able to re-establish online access.

Sure could use help...
  • heyruthiheyruthi Member
    edited January 15
    Sorry now that I have ungraded to 2019 (waste of money)...none of the Well Fargo suggestions have worked!  Have been a user from the early beginning...
This discussion has been closed.