Start from Scratch

Having substantial problems as of late (last 3-4 months).  Unable to rectify using community forum nor quicken customer support.  I am now resolved to simply archive what I have (14 years worth) and start from a blank slate.  Suggestions? 

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
  • Tony WinsteadTony Winstead Member
    edited December 2018
    Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.472
    Quicken 2019 Version R16.14 Build 27.1.16.14
    Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:
    1  Could not delete a bill reminder, causing daily adjustments to checking in the amount of that specific bill reminder.
    2. Have "some" bill reminders that DO NOT allow edits (Flags/amounts/dates due).  Only allows the option to edit/delete this and all future.
    3. Attempted to copy file.  It would not copy.  Was advised that I have a corrupt file and to find some historical back-up (went back over 2 months) and attempt to restore to older file.  The same problem persists.

I am at the point that I am willing to simply archive my files, wipe the slate clean and start as if this were the first time I had ever used the product.  This daily troubleshooting with no resolution is becoming way too time consuming.  I have very simple financial needs...just to balance my check book and anticipate expenses.  No major investments, etc. to track.

Thank you for your suggestions.
    Tony
    edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:
    1  Could not delete a bill reminder, causing daily adjustments to checking in the amount of that specific bill reminder.
    2. Have "some" bill reminders that DO NOT allow edits (Flags/amounts/dates due).  Only allows the option to edit/delete this and all future.
    3. Attempted to copy file.  It would not copy.  Was advised that I have a corrupt file and to find some historical back-up (went back over 2 months) and attempt to restore to older file.  The same problem persists.

I am at the point that I am willing to simply archive my files, wipe the slate clean and start as if this were the first time I had ever used the product.  This daily troubleshooting with no resolution is becoming way too time consuming.  I have very simple financial needs...just to balance my check book and anticipate expenses.  No major investments, etc. to track.

Tony

Hi @ Tony Winstead ,

Stop Bill reminders from appearing in the Register.

If you like Reminders, fine, but turn them off, until you fix the problem.

Edit your Bill Reminders from Manage Bill and Income Reminders Screen.

Once a Reminder is highlighted, you can Delete the Reminder or Edit the Reminder.

edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:

Tony

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  Your version of Quicken appears to be "Home, Business, Rental".  I use quicken deluxe.  Our screens do not match and I do not have these options.
  • Erica DysonErica Dyson Member
    edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:

Tony

If you don't need to use previous years, then why not export customers and account categories and stuff like that and start afresh. I think I would do that.  If you do need to some analysis then you could export the data and do some of that in Excel. Hope that helps. I would keep it simple. 
  • Connie BrownConnie Brown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:

Tony

This capability is available in Q2017 for windows which I use. It looks a little different than the HBR version. Does this image help for 2019?image
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    For #3, "Unable to perform a File Copy", you should install the latest Mondo patch to Ver 17.5. This is a known bug, which was fixed in 17.5.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    edited December 2018
    No Joy.  Followed your hyperlink.https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription...  "An Error Occurred...The update failed to download"
    edited December 2018
    Roger M said:

For #3, "Unable to perform a File Copy", you should install the latest Mondo patch to Ver 17.5. This is a known bug, which was fixed in 17.5.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

No Joy.  Followed your hyperlink.https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription...  "An Error Occurred...The update failed to download"
    edited December 2018

Did you get this error message when you tried to download the file from Quicken.com, or when you tried to install the update?
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    edited December 2018

When I tried to download it from a link provided by another Quicken community member. 
    edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:

Tony

Hi @ Tony Winstead ,

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property and Quicken Deluxe has the same overall functions, except Business and Rental Property have more Apps.

Quicken 2017 Deluxe, Quicken 2018 and 2019 have the same screens and locations for similar functions.

Here is from Quicken 2017 Deluxe:

The Top Gear is called the Actions Gear. After left click on the Actions Gear, in the Drop Down Window see Reminders to show in register. When you highlight Reminders to show in register, dot Don't show reminders.

You do have Quicken 2019 Deluxe, still installed? Same functions located in the same place.
    edited December 2018

Well, I was the only one who sent the link. Please try again from here. This will take you directly to the installation file. In Windows, choose "Save File", and save it to a convenient location on your PC. After downloading is complete, execute the installation file.:
    https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.17.5MPatch.EXE

It's possible that Quicken's servers were having issues at the same time you were trying to download the file. Right now, the link works fine. I have downloaded the file successfully.
    edited December 2018

Downloaded
    Direct Connect:

Original problem:

Tony

Thank you.  To be more clear, I "want" the reminders to show.  This is how I anticipate expenses.  The problem is that recently bill-reminders "do not allow edit" for each individual reminder.  For example, I budget say $200.00 for utilities to be paid on the 1st.  When I actually receive the bill it may $199.00 or $201.00 and due on say the 2nd or the 3rd.  I am not able to either edit the amount/date/nor flag the transaction.  It only allows "Edit/Delete this and all future instances"
This discussion has been closed.