New web address for the Armstrong Bank

The Armstrong Bank has a new web address. It is armstrong.bank - changed from armstrongbank.com.

Comments

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser
    edited January 22
    This shouldn't be an issue because the old address is being forwarded to the new address.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited December 2018
    AND, in any event, there's no one on this site that can do anything about the issue.

@David Bastian, you need to contact Q Support, so that they can get the ball rolling to update the URL: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Under the contract between Armstrong and Q/Intuit, the bank is supposed to notify Q/Intuit in a timely manner so that the updates can be coordinated.  If the bank didn't do that, there's no one to blame but Armstrong.

You might also contact Armstrong, and tell them that they need to convey this new info to Q/Intuit.  Merely hearing it from you, or anyone else on this forum, isn't sufficient ... Armstrong needs to convey/confirm the change.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • David BastianDavid Bastian Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys. I see now that the URL is being forwarded but Chrome is not displaying the way it used to. I have two bank accounts with two different UIDs and two different passwords. The two are displayed in a pop-up window for you to make a choice. Quicken balks at that point and says my bank is requesting information and I should run through the login manually to satisfy the request. Unfortunately that pop-up is going to appear every time I try a one step update.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser
    edited January 22
    Was this working before the domain name changed?  It seems that another problem is that you have separate credentials for each account.  Normally one set of credentials is used to access all your accounts at a Financial Institution.
    edited December 2018
    Worked fine before the change. I check the accounts every morning. The URL change was made concurrently with a web page programming change. I have two accounts at the same bank because I monitor the account of a relative who is in a nursing home and can't use a computer. If I remember correctly, before the change the two accounts were chosen from a drop down menu on the main page and now you click on the one you want in a pop-up window. I haven't looked at the source code for this and probably wouldn't understand much if i did. 
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser
    edited January 22
    So then, you do a OSU for each account and enter the userid and password manually for each?  Which version of Quicken are you using?
    edited December 2018
    I have Quicken 2017 Premier running on an Intel based Windows 7 machine. I use the Chrome browser. Up until last week when the new URL and web pages were instituted my OSUs all worked fine.
    I have been experimenting a little - let me give you a sitrep:

1. There are two people with accounts - call them person1 and person2.
    2. Each person has a checking and a savings account at the bank. Each person has a unique UID and password at the bank's web site.
    3. Each person has a checking and a savings account established in Quicken.
    4. Logging on to the current bank web site manually works identically for each person. On the home page you enter either UID and press enter. The website then goes to a second page with a pop-up in the foreground displaying both account UIDs. You then click on the correct UID and it passes you through to the account details page. Since you never type a password. I assume Chrome is providing that.
    5. To get a clean start in Quicken I disabled all four online services. Person1-checking, person1-saving, person2-checking and person2-saving.
    6. I then tried to set up online services for each of the four Quicken accounts and things got a little strange.
    7. Doing the setup for person1-checking and person1-saving I got the same error message [cc-508] that the bank web site was requesting information and I should do a manual website login and then retry the Quicken setup. This process will repeat endlessly without success.
    BUT
    8. Doing the setup for person2-checking and person2-saving the setup goes to completion and the downloads work properly. No error messages at all.
    SO
    9. I disabled all four Quicken accounts again and tried to set them up in the reverse order. Same result - person1 fails and person2 works properly.

The net profit from this enterprise is zero since I have no idea why one person's account fails and the other doesn't.

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser
    edited January 22
    Not sure if you read this information regarding the error you received, take a look if not.  Seems the problem is caused by a pop-up from one of the accounts that needs to be dismissed.

Error When Using Online Services: CC-508

Was wondering if there actually is a pop-up when you login to the website with the account that doesn't work in OSU.