I have a quicken 2013 premier version. Can I import my file from my 2013 premier version into quicke

I have a quicken 2013 premier version. Can I import my file
from my 2013 premier version into quicken 2019 deluxe version.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes. You will simply lose premier functionality but all your data will carry over.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Sal DeGiorgioSal DeGiorgio Member
    edited December 2018
    Thank you. I don't care about downloading my stuff from banks or investment accounts. Premier seemed to have too many extras that I didn't need. Downloading from Premier to Deluxe was my concern. Thanks for your reply
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Thank you. I don't care about downloading my stuff from banks or investment accounts. Premier seemed to have too many extras that I didn't need. Downloading from Premier to Deluxe was my concern. Thanks for your reply

Parts you are going to lose at some bells & whistles, but the downloading will be the same.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    "I don't care about downloading my stuff from banks or investment accounts."

If you don't care about downloading then can I ask why you are upgrading to Q2019?  If Q2013 works for you but simply has too many "extras" just don't use the extras.  Why pay for Q2019 subscription unless there is something new that you are looking to use?  Most people would upgrade to continue the downloading capabilities but you say you don't care about that.  Just be aware that with the subscription if you don't renew you will lose a large piece of the screen on the right along with a piece at the top where Quicken is telling you that you can no longer use online services (mainly downloading) until you renew.  If you don't download I would just stick with Q2013 for as long as you can.  Just my opinion FWIW.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    bmciance said:

If you don't care about downloading then can I ask why you are upgrading to Q2019?  If Q2013 works for you but simply has too many "extras" just don't use the extras.  Why pay for Q2019 subscription unless there is something new that you are looking to use?  Most people would upgrade to continue the downloading capabilities but you say you don't care about that.  Just be aware that with the subscription if you don't renew you will lose a large piece of the screen on the right along with a piece at the top where Quicken is telling you that you can no longer use online services (mainly downloading) until you renew.  If you don't download I would just stick with Q2013 for as long as you can.  Just my opinion FWIW.

I’m staying on 2013 since I manually enter everything. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data.
    edited December 2018
    bmciance said:

I have a new laptop without a disk drive, so I will now need to download the new version. The 2013 works great! I don't have a way to copy the disk(external disk drive) and download. 
    edited December 2018
    bmciance said:

Of course I would like to stay with the 2013 but I'm not that computer savvy. I don't download anything with the 2013. That's why I feel if I must upgrade, the new Premier version will features that I don't care about. Thank you your help
    edited December 2018
    Would purchasing an external disk drive be a viable option?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    bmciance said:

Go to the library or a friend's house and copy the contents of the CD to a thumbdrive and install from the thumbdrive.

Then download / save / execute the last release patch from this link for QW2013: Quicken Patches 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Hub SmilyHub Smily Member
    edited December 2018
    Download the FREE Quicken Windows 2013 version from here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Just go to the If you are converting from Quicken 2004 through 2009 and download from there.

Then, download and install the last maintenance release for Quicken 2013 from here:

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

You won't need an optical drive.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Would purchasing an external disk drive be a viable option?

Yes. I bought an external dvd/CD drive for &25 or less from Frys last year.