Locked out at mycardstatement.com.

I am using Q2019, Ver R16.14, Build
27.1.16.14.  I started using a small
local bank after much frustration and 25 year+ with Bank of America.  The Texas First local bank is a member of an
association of local banks www.icba.org which
provides credit card services to small banks under association’s TCM bank (“total
card management” bank).  I access my
credit card through its website mycardstatement.com.  Something is not working between Quicken and
mycardstatement.com.  When I go to the
website directly to check on something or to pay, I am locked out.  This has happened since September, at
least.  The customer rep at
mycardstatement.com says Quicken users have been complaining, but they can’t
fix it. She said the mycardstatement.com bank does not recognize the Quicken
inquiry, thinks it fraudulent and locks the account.  Do others have this problem? Have you gotten
a resolution?  ICBA says it’s an association supporting community banks with over 52,000 locations nationwide.  Its card services must support many local
banks.  How do we leverage Quicken and
mycardstatement.com to solve this issue?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Quicken Inc does not set banking policy to support Quicken access, your financial institution does.  Your only recourse is to select a different credit card to use if you want to update transactions into Quicken.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Bill-TXBill-TX Member
    edited December 2018
    My question is whether others using mycardstatement.com are also having lockout problems.  If so, plrsde help fix it.  I know this is primarily a local bank issue; however the cc service, mycardstatement.com, supports many small local banks. So I am hoping this problem affects other Q users so we can place market pressure on the cc service to address the issue.  The local bank is contracting out cc service, the local bank is small and wants mycardstatement to handle all things re credit card and Quicken.  ICBA and their TCM banking service are the ones who can resolve this if they would work with Quicken.  I'm asking others to call TCM bank (in US, 1-800-883-0131) and ask them to fix the lockout problem (https://www.icba.org/tcm-bank/cardholders).
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    I guess it all depends on how long you are willing to wait.  You've already left one of the worst financial institutions (BoA) in my opinion only to find another quagmire of ineffective banking.  It makes no difference to me, but if you use Quicken with the intent of downloading transactions effortlessly, I don't think you will find it with this local bank. 
    There are a number of banks that offer reliable free CC service that work flawlessly with Quicken, Chase is one such bank.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Bill-TXBill-TX Member
    edited January 4
    You have more experience than I, but I am reluctant to change banks without some pursuit of the issue with mycardstatement.com.  I'll let the board know how my progress goes or if I give up and bail out of my local bank (First Texas Bank).  In the meantime, if this issue affects others it would be good to know.  Thanks for your attention to my post and your response, Geoff.  
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Bill-TX said:

You have more experience than I, but I am reluctant to change banks without some pursuit of the issue with mycardstatement.com.  I'll let the board know how my progress goes or if I give up and bail out of my local bank (First Texas Bank).  In the meantime, if this issue affects others it would be good to know.  Thanks for your attention to my post and your response, Geoff.  

What are you using as the Bank/FI name for this account?  Because, it would appear that it should be MyCardStatement.

MyCardStatement    https://www.mycardstatement.com    (866) 604-0380    https://www.mycardstatement.com    ACTIVE         CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT         BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

Also note, as I've highlighted, that MyCardStatement uses Express Web Connect to download into Q.  The way that EWC works is that Q/Intuit servers log into the website overnight and collect the transactions, awaiting your request (via Q) to download them.

That explains the "bank does not recognize the Quicken
    inquiry, thinks it fraudulent and locks the account".

I'd suggest that you disconnect this account from Express Web Connect (and One Step Update) and only download via Web Connect.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Bill-TXBill-TX Member
    edited December 2018
    Bill-TX said:

The express web connect may be the problem.  I currently date range the transactions and export the transactions into a QFX download and open it in Q; so the work-around works.  If the bank can't solve the Express Web Connect problem, I'll continue to use your suggested work-around until I get tired of the hassle and change banks (which change is a bigger hassle at this point than the workaround).  Btw, I was not aware that Q queried the bank nightly, but this would explain the lockouts.  Thanks for responding.
  • Bill-TXBill-TX Member
    edited January 4
    Bill-TX said:

I am updating my problem with mycardstatement.com locking my
    online account.  In short,
    mycardstatement.com does not work with Express Web connect, so I need to
    disconnect my account from Express Web Connect (and One Step Update) and only
    download via Web Connect as suggested above by 
    NotACPA - QW HBRP 2019. 

According to web support at mycardstatement.com, their
    system asks one of 4 security questions when Quicken queries their data, which
    Q doesn’t answer, so mycardstatement thinks the queries are fraudulent and
    locks the account.  Mycardstatement said
    to call them when this happens and they’ll unlock the account. (Ha!) So I will eventually change
    banks, but what a headache. Thanks to all for answers and advice. 

• For the past three to four weeks Quicken is continuously locking out one or more of my visa accounts on mycardstatement.com or repeatedly asking the security questions. . 

Mycardstatement.com claims they have tried to contact Quicken support.  No idea if what they are saying is true or not.  
This discussion has been closed.