Bank posted payments; payee hasn't received

I have made two payments to pay my 89 yo mother's rent at this assisted living facility.  They have posted at the Wells Fargo Bank, but cannot be found by the payee. They want to issue an eviction notice for my mother. 

From account screen at Wells Fargo:

11/30/18 ATRIA SENIOR LIV ONLINE PMT 181130 CKF309011382POS KENNETH PEFFERS  $2,890.00

10/30/18 ATRIA SENIOR LIV ONLINE PMT 181030 CKF309011382POS KENNETH PEFFERS  $4,373.49

The payments show as checks in my Quicken register:

Payee Report - Year to Date

1/1/2018 through 12/31/2018

Date Account Num Description Memo Category Tag Clr Amount

10/30/2018 Betty007 5033 Atria Senior Living Past due rent RNT c -4,373.49
11/30/2018 Betty007 5031 Atria Senior Living Monthly rent RNT c -2,890.00

The quicken view shows them as checks with check numbers. The Wells screen shows them as 'CKF' electronic payments. I'm wondering if 'half of the transaction,' i.e., the charge to the bank, cleared and the other half didn't. Could some half asleep clerk at Atria have destroyed the check without posting to my mother's account. Would these payments have actually arrived at the payee's location as checks and then be converted by the payee to an electronic payment or did Quicken convert the payment to electronic. 

I'm using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property 2018 on Windows 10. 

Help! I'm running to blank walls. Is there a way to reverse the whole transactions?

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Have you contacted Wells Fargo to see if the payments were done via paper check or electronic transfer? In either case, Wells Fargo should be helping you determine where the payments went.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    This is an Atria Senior Living issue, not a Quicken issue.  Quicken is the conduit that initiated the transaction, which you have evidence has been completed.  You have evidence that WF processed the request in the form of electronic payment.  I would review/document WF supporting documentation and then speak with an administrator at the care facility.

In the future I would recommend putting your mother's ASL account number in the memo field to prevent misapplied payments (if you hadn't already). 
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    GeoffG said:

This is an Atria Senior Living issue, not a Quicken issue.  Quicken is the conduit that initiated the transaction, which you have evidence has been completed.  You have evidence that WF processed the request in the form of electronic payment.  I would review/document WF supporting documentation and then speak with an administrator at the care facility.

In the future I would recommend putting your mother's ASL account number in the memo field to prevent misapplied payments (if you hadn't already). 

Wanted to add: you didn't say if this was the first and second payments sent or if just these two payments hadn't been processed.  If they are the 1 & 2, verify the account number and address you used when setting up this online payee.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Well, there's a couple of possibilities here:
    1st Scenario;  Wells debited your account when the payments were sent ... not when they were deposited by Altria.  So, the debit in your account does NOT mean that Altria received it.

2nd Scenario: Regardless of how Wells sent the payment, Altria (for unknown reasons) didn't receive it.

3rd Scenario: Altria received the payments, but didn't know how to credit them ... so they're in a "Suspense" account (by whatever name actually used) at Altria.

BUT, the 1st step in resolving ANY of this is to contact Wells Fargo. Because
    a) only Wells can tell you how the payments were sent
    b) only Wells can tell you if your account was debited when the payments were sent or when they were deposited by Altria
    c) only Wells can tell you if/when the payments (physical checks) were deposited by Altria.

THEN, with that info, you go beat up on Altria.

And, reiterating what was said above .. this simply is NOT a Quicken issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Ken Peffers  From what I can tell from the screen print you provided, the amounts were sent electronically to Atria Senior Living.  (CKF stands for "Checkfree")I can also see that you are using Wells Fargo bill pay directly from Quicken (Direct Connect).  It also seems like the disconnect is with Atria.  As others on this thread have mentioned, Wells Fargo should be able to provide you, or help you obtain, proof of payment for Atria.  If you haven't done so already, please call their 1-800 customer service number.  They can help you with the proper steps in getting this resolved with Atria.
This discussion has been closed.