Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I link my house to my mortgage?

I just downloaded Quicken Deluxe for Mac today.  Previously I have used Quicken for Windows.  I utilized a free software for a while before now coming back to Quicken.  With my previous version, when I set up a mortgage I was asked the home value associated with the mortgage.  Now I can't even seem to find where to input this information (I'm fine inputting this manually if required, I just would like them linked like I could previously do for an accurate net worth calculation).  In addition, for some reason the mortgage calculator miscalculated my payment by $0.01.  Is there any way to fix this outside of adding an -$0.01 Extra Principal?  Thank you for your help.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2018
    You need to create an asset account representing the appraised value of your house. It won't be "linked", but will increase your net worth accordingly.

When you create the account, it will be blank. Simply enter a new transaction with "Opening Balance" as the Payee, and "adjustment" as the category. Use an amount to set the value of your home.

As time goes on, you can enter more adjusting transactions to increase (hopefully) the value of your home.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Elizabeth.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.