What Bank Works With Quicken 2019 Since Wells Fargo Doesn't?

Since Wells Fargo Direct Connect doesn't work with Quicken 2019, what bank(s) have Quicken Users found that does work? I've been a WF customer for over 10 years, but I've been a Quicken user for almost 20, so I'll just change banks. Any suggestions?

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    A couple of ways to see this list: 
    - start to create a new account register and select registered at an institution, then browse the list of FI/Banks offered.

- find the FIDIR.TXT file in hidden Quicken directory and see the raw data of all the FIs/Banks.

There are over 14,000 entries.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    @Marty

When did WF stop offering Direct Connect?  It is still listed as such in the FIDIR.txt file referenced by smayer97.  Now, I admit, they charge for that convenience, but it still works, so to say it doesn't work is incorrect.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    I have 11 active (checking, savings, investment, retirement, CC) accounts with WF in two different Quicken Data files, using both EWC and DC and I have never had a problem with connectivity.  The DC connection never gives me any issues.  I occasionally get an error with the EWC connection but I have always been able to resolve them.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6

I have 11 active (checking, savings, investment, retirement, CC) accounts with WF in two different Quicken Data files, using both EWC and DC and I have never had a problem with connectivity.  The DC connection never gives me any issues.  I occasionally get an error with the EWC connection but I have always been able to resolve them.

Is WF personal account DC offering bill pay still free?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    edited January 6

GeoffG it depends on your banking relationship with them.  I get it for free as a client of the Private Bank.  Otherwise, it's 3.00/mo for DC and 9.95/mo for bill pay through Quicken.  Online WF bill pay is free.  
    edited January 7
    In fact, I have been keeping track of all my connection errors with Quicken on a spreadsheet for over a month now.  I have gotten all sorts of "CC" errors (17 total - 501, 502, 505, 506, 508, and 899), but I was able to fix or resolve all of them easily.

Here is a list of the WF EWC errors:

If you know how to fix these CC errors, getting them is not a big deal.  Too frequently, I see users in this forum get frustrated too quickly and then play the "blame game". In my opinion, the fixes for these errors are usually pretty simple. 
    edited January 6

In fact, I have been keeping track of all my connection errors with Quicken on a spreadsheet for over a month now.  I have gotten all sorts of "CC" errors (17 total - 501, 502, 505, 506, 508, and 899), but I was able to fix or resolve all of them easily.

If you know how to fix these CC errors, getting them is not a big deal.  Too frequently, I see users in this forum get frustrated too quickly and then play the "blame game". In my opinion, the fixes for these errors are usually pretty simple. 

Chyvan compared to all of the other FIs I have, WF is pretty good.  I have worse problems with others.  One of these days I  should post my error list on here so people can put things in perspective.  These errors don't bother me at all.  I see them as a challenge, and I can fix any of them very easily.

I agree with the website.  It is catered to mobile devices, but it still works well with a laptop, in my opinion.  There are display setting that can be changed to suit the user.
  • mmdaytontexasmmdaytontexas Member
    edited January 7

I agree with Chyvan. You shouldn't have to constantly reset accounts or go to your bank to login under fmssetup to fix your issue or deactivate/reactivate your account. Quicken says the error codes I'm getting are generated by WF, so this is a WF issue and not Quicken. The easiest remedy I see is to just change banks to Chase or some other big bank that has lesss of a problem with Quicken. I'm trying to find out from Quicken what banks they currently work with seamlessly, but that is something they don't publish, so the community was the next best thing.
    edited January 7

Quicken customer service just told me Chase, Bank of America and Capital One work well with their software.
    edited January 7
    splasher said:

@Marty

When did WF stop offering Direct Connect?  It is still listed as such in the FIDIR.txt file referenced by smayer97.  Now, I admit, they charge for that convenience, but it still works, so to say it doesn't work is incorrect.

It works but it is now giving errors. Quicken and WF are aware of the problem but they have not been able to resolve the issue for weeks now. The only work around is to log in at www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup.com and then they send you a code which resets your account. Then in Quicken you have to deactivate and then reactivate your account. This is each and every time you log on. That is frankly too much of a pain in the **** to deal with.
  • Roger MillerRoger Miller Member
    edited January 7

Wow, that's quite a few errors in a short amount of time. Glad that you found easy fixes, though. I used to have accounts with WFB, but I dumped them due to their outrageous fees and unscrupulous business practices.
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7

Wow, that's quite a few errors in a short amount of time. Glad that you found easy fixes, though. I used to have accounts with WFB, but I dumped them due to their outrageous fees and unscrupulous business practices.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

I would be very skeptical of Capital One working reliably, based on the number of users reporting issues here.

BofA Direct Connect does work very reliably, so does Chase Direct Connect.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

Discover Bank is also a solid Direct Connect provider.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7

My primary "bank" is Fidelity Investments ... and my "checking account" is actually a Money Market Fund.  Same is true for my wife's account.

We also use U.S. Bank for loans (not downloaded into Q) and various small transactions.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    edited January 7

Ditto that for E*Trade, where I use my brokerage account's cash sweep money market account for checking. Direct connect downloads are free, and have never failed for me, ever.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    edited January 7

Roger M not really.  If you notice its one error code and it just started happening at the end of December.  As I mentioned, I have worse issues with other FIs that I have.  
    For me it's not so important which FI works best with Quicken.  It's the FI that's more important and I feel WF is a great bank.
    edited January 7

SSS, Sure, you are entitled to your opinion. IMO, though, their list of transgressions, for which they have been convicted of and fined for, indicates that they are not so great. I'm happy to have moved on.
    edited January 7

There are always two sides to each story.  Yes they have made some mistakes, and it doesn't make me too happy.  But I have a very long relationship with them and they treat me very well.  I am sticking with them because I have found no other bank that is better than them.  They are working hard to get past their mistakes, and make things right for their customers.  
    edited January 7

They were recently fined $1B for insurance and mortgage abuses, and that's on top of the $185 million they were fined for opening fraudulent accounts for customers. There's no 2 sides to that story. That's a big "mistake".
    https://money.cnn.com/2018/04/20/news/companies/wells-fargo-regulators-auto-lending-fine/index.html
This discussion has been closed.