Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot import file

When I try to import a qfx download from my institution, I get this message: "This FI is inactive, we cannot connect." Using version 4.8.3 on a Mac

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    What bank?
    If the bank is not (or no longer) a participating financial institution, you cannot download or import data from the bank into Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the response. Is there any way at all you can pull your info into Quicken?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the response. Is there any way at all you can pull your info into Quicken?

Not if your bank/card/etc is inactive ... which is ENTIRELY the decision of the bank/card/etc.

And, if you name the bank, we might be able to help further.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    It is Vocal Credit Union in Helena, MT.  Before today I could do the automatic connect, but they have changed some things. The automatic import came from their previous name Trico Community FCU Helena, Mt. I talked to them and their software program has had some changes and doesn't support Quicken.  We have another bank that I can't get automatic on-line downloads, I have to export transactions from Opportunity Bank, but then those downloads import just fine into Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I had a similar problem. What I did using the edit button for the account and clicking on troubleshooting and the deactivate button.

Then again using the edit on the account, activate it. Choose your bank and use the Quicken connect option. I haven't had a problem since.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019

It is Vocal Credit Union in Helena, MT.  Before today I could do the automatic connect, but they have changed some things. The automatic import came from their previous name Trico Community FCU Helena, Mt. I talked to them and their software program has had some changes and doesn't support Quicken.  We have another bank that I can't get automatic on-line downloads, I have to export transactions from Opportunity Bank, but then those downloads import just fine into Quicken.

Trico is still listed in the FI list as Quicken Connect, but Vocal is not listed at all. It may just be that they haven't signed up with Quicken under the new name. The only way to get this corrected is to convince the CU to get their act together and get re-enrolled with Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    As a work-around, you can research the use of the INTU.BID field in the QFX file.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

I had a similar problem. What I did using the edit button for the account and clicking on troubleshooting and the deactivate button.

Then again using the edit on the account, activate it. Choose your bank and use the Quicken connect option. I haven't had a problem since.

Your solution worked for me with a different problem.  When I would try and download my Costco/Citi CC balance into Quicken Mac 2016 it decided it was a new account.  A popup window would appear and give me a choice of accounts to link to.  The Costco/Citi account wasn't listed.  I had to create a new account.  From there I did a copy/paste of the transactions I wanted to move over to the original account and as a last step delete the new Costco/Citi account that was created.  It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done with some further adjustments to the balance.  I then followed your process and reestablished the handshake between Costco/Citi and Quicken 2016.  Had I done your process first my missing transactions may have been resolved.     
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Sandi.
    Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.