Request for One Time Scheduled Transaction in Mac

An addition to the frequency would be a simple one-time scheduled transaction. This option is available for Quicken for Windows, requires clunky work around for Mac.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Bill Reminders (aka Scheduled Transactions) and Graph Featur....

Comments

• John_MJohn_M Member
    edited January 11
    I think that you can use any frequency (yearly, monthly, etc.) and have the payment end on the date it starts. Is that clunky? 
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited January 11
    Maybe I'm missing something? Why not just make a single future-dated transaction?
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited January 11
    RickO said:

Maybe I'm missing something? Why not just make a single future-dated transaction?

Rick, you're brilliant. I was responding to the question, but unfortunately not the actual problem. I agree that going into the register and just adding a transaction with a future date is the best way.
  • Kevin OttKevin Ott Member
    edited January 11
    John M said:

I think that you can use any frequency (yearly, monthly, etc.) and have the payment end on the date it starts. Is that clunky? 

Compared to the Windows version, yes.
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser
    edited January 12
    The Mac scheduling dialog has the option for one-time events - see screen shot.

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription User
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited January 11
    JM said:

Which is really no different than creating a single future-dated transaction (except that you get a clock symbol in the status column).
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser
    edited January 11
    JM said:

The main difference is that the "Scheduled Transaction" will foiiow your settings for displaying future transactions; e.g., Next 30 Days.
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited January 11
    JM said:

But if it's a one-time event, then there are no future transactions, right? Or am I being dense and missing something?
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser
    edited January 12
    JM said:

RickO

I am thinking about a one-time payment that is due down the road; e.g. 5 mos from now. 
    I normally have my regisyers set to display the next 30 days. The scheduled transaction will follow this preference.
    Entering as a regular transaction in the register does not follow this preference - it displays immediately.
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited January 11
    JM said:

That makes sense.