Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken for Mac 2019 Problems Exporting Reports

I think I understand that Quicken for Mac 2019 can only export reports in .CSV format -- which, honestly, is a pain in the !)(#$* for those of us who really want to perform serious analysis of our financials. Yet another feature from Quicken 2007 that somehow hasn't been incorporated yet. But I digress. I've got problems even within the .CSV report that I'm trying to import:

1) Not all columns in the report I've created are exporting -- namely, the column that tells me which account the transaction came from. Why would this be?

2) I'm really puzzled by this one... I created a custom report to just capture the transactions called "Reimbursables" (stuff that my employer or my husband's employer needs to reimburse us for, as it's work-related). Though the report in Quicken for Mac looks clean and fine, when I export I'm also getting all Schedule D-related transactions (short-term and long-term capital gains). What??

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    1) I think you may be using the wrong report (one of the old ones). You should be using New Report > Transaction Report. The New Reports were developed with the new reporting engine which is much better and export and customization. I just tested one and had no problem getting the Account column in the .CSV file. (You must have the Account column showing on screen before export; it only exports the visible columns.)

2) Is "reimbursable" a category? A tag? How are you customizing the report to capture those? This may also be an issue of using an old report instead of new.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    RickO, you've solved the problem! You're right that I had just used one of the "old" reports and customized it rather than starting a "new" report.

"Reimbursable" is a category, FWIW. Regardless, with a "new" report, everything seems in order. Still annoying not to be able to export directly to an Excel format file, but perhaps with Quicken 2020 this will be fixed (among other things).
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019

RickO, you've solved the problem! You're right that I had just used one of the "old" reports and customized it rather than starting a "new" report.

"Reimbursable" is a category, FWIW. Regardless, with a "new" report, everything seems in order. Still annoying not to be able to export directly to an Excel format file, but perhaps with Quicken 2020 this will be fixed (among other things).

I kind of doubt that there will ever be an export direct to Excel format because (1) that would require the developers to keep up with format changes, (2) CSV is universal and can be used with Numbers, Excel and other spreadsheet apps, (3) when you open the CSV in Excel, it's not a big deal to then save it in Excel format, which pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

BTW, your situation is a really good one for the use of a "reimbursable" tag. By doing so, you can use regular categories such as meal, airfare, office supplies, etc on the transactions and add the "reimbursable" tag. You can customize the report to include only that tag, but retain the richer information provided by the various categories. You could even make a couple of tags: "Reimb-Him" and "Reims-Her" allowing you to easily create reports for one, the other or both of you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Nancy..

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.