Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Standard Image Ready Cheques in Quicken for Mac in Canada

still cannot print Image Ready Cheques in Canada. PLEASE update this feature as soon as possible...it is available in Quicken for Windows, so this should be an easy fix!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Just downloaded Quicken for Mac 2018 for Canada and realized that I cannot print cheques properly because there is no option to print Standard Image Ready cheques. Since this is the industry standard in Canada, and it is available in Quicken for Windows I'm a little surprised that this is not available here. Without this option I am unable to print a proper cheque from Quicken. Please provide this option in your next upgrade!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Good IDEA. This thread has been updated to be and IDEA request so the developers will take note of it.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited December 2018
    Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experienced and we apologize for any inconvenience or frustration.

I've opened a ticket with Development to ensure this functionality is on their radar and is implemented into Quicken for Mac so all cheque styles may be printed correctly.  I'm also updating this post from an "Idea" to a "Problem" instead and will be back to share updates on this as they are received.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns that we may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree with Lawrence.  I am a user of Quicken 2018 for Mac. I just had new cheques printed out and the printed portion does not match the CP 006 standard. I was a user of Quickbooks in Canada and this does support that functionality. Please update this as soon as possible. I would appreciate an email notifying me of the same.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experienced and we apologize for any inconvenience or frustration.

I've opened a ticket with Development to ensure this functionality is on their radar and is implemented into Quicken for Mac so all cheque styles may be printed correctly.  I'm also updating this post from an "Idea" to a "Problem" instead and will be back to share updates on this as they are received.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns that we may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah

Any update on this issue Sarah?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Are you referring to your original post from about 6 months ago?
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/standard-image-ready-cheques

Looks like the programmers have not gotten a round tuit yet ...

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    yes, same issue...beyond frustrated that I still can't print a cheque with this program
  • I haven't been able to get Quicken to properly print a cheque since this new quicken has been released. I can send an image of the incorrectly printed cheque if someone can help me get this corrected. Thanks.
  • lawrencev
    lawrencev Member ✭✭
    So...here we are 10 months later and we still can't print Canadian Image-ready cheques on Quicken for Mac. I can't understand why this is an issue!
    Please, please, please look into this for an update as soon as possible. I'm tired of handwriting cheques!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @lawrencev Posting here in the forum is not always the best way to catch the eye of the developers, who don't often read this forum. I'd suggest you use the Help > Report a Problem menu item inside Quicken to report the problem printing Canadian checks. You won't get a reply, but it's the most direct path we have to be seen by the developers. (You can include a link back the the URL of this thread in your message, to demonstrate this is a long-standing request.) Unfortunately, there's no way to know whether this is an issue the developers are aware of and have on their roadmap, or if it's not on their radar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lawrencev
    lawrencev Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip! Hopefully will get this issue onto their radar!
  • David Parisi
    David Parisi Member ✭✭
    Hi Lawrencev,

On two occasions I sent them images through the help - report a problem menu of what Canadian image ready cheques should like like when printed. There has been no movement on this issue. Several months ago an update was sent out saying that this issue with Canadian image ready cheques had been resolved. It has not. When I'm asked in Quicken surveys if I would recommend the product I always say that I will not recommend Quicken Canada for Mac until it operates in the same way the Windows version operates.

That's my rant for today!
    Thanks,
    dp
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    Why it is not possible to print cheque on format canadian standard with
    Quicken for Mac when it is possible on the windows version......for more than 15 years....
    I dont understand why you did not solve that big problem when it was mentioned
    since April 2018........
    I send 3 messages on Support and received NO ANSWERS ??????
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    We're other users and don't have access to Support's log files or case files.
    And, since this is your first post with this ID, we have no idea what you're talking about.
    SO, please describe in detail what you believe is wrong with the check printing format.
    Also what Q BUILD are you running?;  DO Quicken, About Quicken for this info.
    And where did you purchase these checks? Only checks purchased from Intuit (and a few other vendors) that are specifically stated as "Quicken" or "Quickbooks" compatible will work with these products.  Other vendors sell checks that don't conform to Q's specifications, and there's nothing that Q can do to correct that.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am running Quicken for Mac de luxe ( Canada ) version 5.13.3 Mac OS 10.15.2
    i bought my checks from Royal Bank of Canada and those checks where working without any problems on the Quicken version for windows for 15 years...but not on the mac version,,,,,,
    here a copy of the Canadian checks as you can see on the firs line it is the amount of money that we pay and the payee is on the second line. On American check it is the reserve cheque 2.jpeg
    I hope that you understand my problem
    Thanks

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't look it up, but there should be two check styles available in Q Mac for Canadian checks,
    e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".
    Which of the check styles for your Standard checks have you selected? Have you tried the other selection, to see if it fits better? And have you made sure that you have selected Canadian cheque styles and not US check styles?
    Instead of providing a blank check sample, can you print one sample with test data, so that we can see what prints where. If something's wrong, that'll show the programmers what needs fixing.
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    I am running Quicken for Mac de luxe ( Canada ) version 5.13.3 Mac OS 10.15.2
    i bought my checks from Royal Bank of Canada and those checks where working without any problems on the Quicken version for windows for 15 years...but not on the mac version,,,,,,
    here a copy of the Canadian checks as you can see on the firs line it is the amount of money that we pay and the payee is on the second line. On American check it is the reserve cheque 2.jpeg
    I hope that you understand my problem
    Thanks
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > I can't look it up, but there should be two check styles available in Q Mac for Canadian checks,
    > e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new
    > style "Voucher - Image ready".
    > Which of the check styles for your Standard checks have you selected? Have you tried the other selection, to see if it fits better? And have you made sure that you have selected Canadian cheque styles and not US check styles?
    > Instead of providing a blank check sample, can you print one sample with test data, so that we can see what prints where. If something's wrong, that'll show the programmers what needs fixing.
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    as you can see i choose the canada check style
    and you can the print effect in standard or voucher
    the problem exist on both selection standard or voucher
    and worst on the voucher the check is print three times....
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, please remember the difference between Standard and Voucher checks:
    • For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks". That's the check style which you have.
    • For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    You printed a sample on blank paper. It looks to me like the print results are those of an American check, not of a Canadian cheque. Printing a sample on actual check stock would have been more helpful as it shows us which fields are misaligned.
    Comparing your check sample page with https://intuit.ecommerce.dh.com/en/multi-purpose-cheque it appears to me that your checks are indeed Quicken and Quickbooks - compatible, but that something in Q Mac is not working correctly.
    Similar complaints have been registered in the Community before. I'll see if I can get a Community Moderator to send word to the programmers to expedite finding a solution to this problem.

For future reference: When attaching images to Community posts, please submit only image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF. They are easier to work with than PDF files.

• Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    yes
    the check on quickbooks are ok for me
    look the checks i did on quicken for Mac
    and the check I did on quicken for windows ( canadian check )
    I hope that you put Q Mac like Quickbooks
    Thanks you very much
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    i am on vacation
    and I look if the problem is resolved but as i can see
    it is still impossible to print a check with Canadian specifications
    as I show you on my last respond
    I hope that you can fixed it because all Canadian using quicken for Mac
    will have the same problem when the print checks
    thanks
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    why is impossible to print check with canada specifications on Quicken for Mac
  • Hypocrat
    Hypocrat Member ✭✭
    it is still impossible to print a check with Canadian specifications
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue.

To help research this issue further, may I ask for some examples of the layouts for Ready Cheques in Canada.

If you can provide an example of the difference between the existing check options and what is needed to make to meet the Canadian specification, that would be appreciated and help our development team understand what is a need.

I do see that there have been some screenshots posted here, please submit the examples through Help > Report a Problem in the Quicken program.

Please include QMAC-13565 in the subject line in the Report a Problem form.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lawrencev
    lawrencev Member ✭✭
    Sent as per your request.
    Please note also when I called the Quicken help line last year they gave me a case # 02640107. I was told that it would be "Sent to development", but still nothing. Seems like an easy fix in my mind since Quicken for Windows has fixed this issue years ago, but maybe there is no contact between the Windows and Mac side of things?? Hope this helps!