How can I find out how many Payees I have in my Quicken file towards my allowable 2000?

TJTJ Member ✭✭
edited January 12 in Reports (Windows)
How and where can I go to look up on my Quicken 2019 to find out the payee count that I have toward my allowable 2000? I'd like to know where I stand before I delete any more so I know where I stand, or in my case, where I sit (I've done a lot of that already figuring out that there is a limit and how much.) I Can't select payees drop down list in a report as they are not listed..

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Help menu, then Ctrl-Shft and click on About Quicken
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Open the Help menu. Hold the CTRL key while clicking About Quicken.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    I'm confused, where did you find a reference to only having 2000 payees?  Was it referring to Memorized Payees?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited January 11
    5 months ago on a the getsatisfaction site QWD answered a post about it.  Do you have different information?   How many on 2019 Deluxe version?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    splasher said:

I'm confused, where did you find a reference to only having 2000 payees?  Was it referring to Memorized Payees?

Quicken erroneously describes the limit in Help:

I now have close to 4000 memorized payees and have not had any issues.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited January 11
    splasher said:

I'm having problems with new payees (not memorized) not showing up on the payees dropdown selection list in "Spending by Payee" report. However, even though the SSA T payee (for social security for me) is not on the list it will show the results in the all payees report for that report, as if it was on the list and was checked. HOWEVER, if I go to "Spending by Payee" report, it WILL show on the Payee dropdown selection list, but if I check it to give me results in the report for SSA T payee, it will show NOTHING, notta in the requested report for it. After much research  I discovered that you have to go in and clean up payees that are duplicated by misspelling, and in some cases having 4 different spellings for the actual same entry, thus filling up the  payee auto addition in Quicken. I have gone thru and deleted several if not many of the mistaken to make my payee list shorter and more concise freeing up "taken" space for Payees. But SSA T still isn't showing that payee on the dropdown list. Am I off on a wrong tangent here?
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited January 11
    As a side note I'm getting this message on the Customize Itemized Payee screen:  Note: Due to the size of the data file, not all payees are available in the select Payee list. You may also use "Payee Contalns" for filtering. That works except if I'm trying to print a Payee report to list all me income payees!  I read the info about deleting some of the many wrong payees on the Qkn File "payee" list.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    The only limitations I am aware of are listed in this article: Capacity Limitations 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    splasher said:

If you haven't already, I suggest expanding the date range of the report (for example, Include all dates) and any other filtering constraints that may be applied.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    If you want a report with all your income payees, how about customizing the payee report to include all payees but just the income Categories?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12

Please do this:
    - Click Help in the
    Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box.
    Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box and attach it
    here.

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or
    GIF.

To attach the image
    here, start composing your response. At the bottom of the text entry window
    you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.