Quicken currently using home and business can you downgrade to quicken deluxe?

chuckchuck Member
edited January 22 in Before you Buy
Can I downgrade from quicken home and business to quicken deluxe? Would I lose information?

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    You may downgrade Quicken Home and Business to Quicken Deluxe.  The data remains in the data file but you obviously lose access to the additional functionality Quicken Home and Business provides over Quicken Deluxe.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • joannejoanne Member
    edited January 17
    so to add to Chuck's question, I just got a new computer with Windows 10 (got rid of my Vista operation system!).  I still use Quicken Home & Business 2009!  I don't need/never used all the features of 'home & business' and I too, think I should downgrade to Quicken Deluxe  (I cannot find my 2009 installation disk). Assuming based on your answer, I should have now problem as to not losing my data (previous  quicken versions I used were 2004, 2009).  And I now have to subscribe versus getting a permanent one-time install.  
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    joanne said:

so to add to Chuck's question, I just got a new computer with Windows 10 (got rid of my Vista operation system!).  I still use Quicken Home & Business 2009!  I don't need/never used all the features of 'home & business' and I too, think I should downgrade to Quicken Deluxe  (I cannot find my 2009 installation disk). Assuming based on your answer, I should have now problem as to not losing my data (previous  quicken versions I used were 2004, 2009).  And I now have to subscribe versus getting a permanent one-time install.  

You can download/install the free version of Quicken Deluxe 2013 from here. It runs on Windows 10 with no problem.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Sherlock said:

You may downgrade Quicken Home and Business to Quicken Deluxe.  The data remains in the data file but you obviously lose access to the additional functionality Quicken Home and Business provides over Quicken Deluxe.

Note that this works for the subscription versions. Does it for older versions like the free QW2013?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • chuckchuck Member
    edited January 19
    Sherlock said:

Thanks!!
  • edited January 22
    If I have already extended my subscription to Q H&B, can I downgrade to Delux and get a refund? How would I go about getting Delux?  I never use the online features of H&B.

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

If I have already extended my subscription to Q H&B, can I downgrade to Delux and get a refund? How would I go about getting Delux?  I never use the online features of H&B.

If it is within 30 days of extending your subscription, you can request a refund for the extension and re-purchase a Deluxe activation code. You will need to contact support for this.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...

The ONLY Official Quicken Support can be reached for FREE via chat or phone. Read this:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/the-only-official-quicken-support

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

If it has been less than 30-days since your purchase, you should be able to get a refund and then you could purchase the Deluxe edition: https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
This discussion has been closed.