categories help quicken 2019 deluxe / windows & mac

Hi  I up loaded quicken and was going threw deleting the categories I do not need or want . and it completely deleted the category business income in left blue shaded area. How do I get it back ??? when I go into categories and try to make a new one it wont let me work with those only the subs under the few main ones on the left and also make subs of the subs.  HELP !!!!

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Are you using Windows or Mac??? 

They are very different and nobody will be able to help until you tell us which one you're asking about.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Generally speaking, regardless of Quicken for Windows or Mac ...

The easiest way to recover is to restore your Quicken data file from a backup taken before you started deleting categories. You did take a backup before you started, didn't you?

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• NEILNEIL Member
    edited January 14
    yes I did take a back up. I am on windows. I was hoping not to have to use the back up and start over but it is lookin like that's my only option.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    NEIL said:

yes I did take a back up. I am on windows. I was hoping not to have to use the back up and start over but it is lookin like that's my only option.

On Mac, you can add back in all the default categories. I don’t know if or how you can do that in QWin.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 14
    NEIL, with QWin, you can restore your default categories.  Pull up your category list and click on "Options" and then choose "Manage Categories":

In the pop-up window, choose the category type and then select the categories you want to restore in the left window and hit the "Add" button to add them to the right window.  Then, hit "OK".  Your default categories will now be restored.

No need to restore, to get your categories back.
This discussion has been closed.