Transactions Seem to Disappear or "Unupdate"

I upgraded to latest Quicken for Windows and have been using for a while.  I also got my wife to try to use this tool (Quicken Web) finally since she didn't want to use the monstrous Quicken desktop app for a long time.  So now i am hearing she's ready to throw in the towel on Quicken Web because she is editing transactions online, then after a week or so goes back in and the work she is done is gone, i.e. categorizations, splits, etc. Is anybody else having issues with web data "sticking"?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    So is she using your data file and you are syncing the mobile app to the Desktop program? You can’t use the app alone. The mobile app is NOT a full version of Quicken, in fact, it only displays the data that is synced to the cloud account that you create from within Quicken. With the mobile app, you can view the balances and transactions in non-investment accounts and enter manual transactions, it is a fairly limited app.
  • David Brooks
    David Brooks Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I primarily use the desktop app although I do use the web app someone. My wife solely uses the web app. I completely understand the web app is limited versus desktop. I've been using Microsoft money and now quicken for the better part of fifteen years. However when my wife makes changes to transactions in the web app id expect those changes to hookhold the next time she goes or into the tool regardless of what I'm doing on the desktop app. Is there some voodoo magic were not using?
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I primarily use the desktop app although I do use the web app someone. My wife solely uses the web app. I completely understand the web app is limited versus desktop. I've been using Microsoft money and now quicken for the better part of fifteen years. However when my wife makes changes to transactions in the web app id expect those changes to hookhold the next time she goes or into the tool regardless of what I'm doing on the desktop app. Is there some voodoo magic were not using?

Hello David.

Which version of Quicken on your desktop are you using? https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Have you tried resetting the cloud:

Mac: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac
    Windows: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Give this a try and let us know if this resolves the issues with the transactions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • David Brooks
    David Brooks Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

I just reset the cloud and we'll see how it goes.