sizable downloaded transactions area in investment accounts (+2 Merged)

Quicken Community
Quicken Community Employee mod
edited September 17 in Display/UI (Windows)
The downloaded transactions area for non-investment accounts is re-sizable.  The same area for investment accounts is not and only displays 4 rows at a time.  This is a nuisance when dealing with larger numbers of downloaded transactions.  Suggest you make the ability to resize the downloaded transactions area consistent across all account types.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Marc D Anderson
    Marc D Anderson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I've been using Quicken since about 1995, and it's always bothered me that I can't expand the downloaded transactions section so that I can see more entries. Especially with investment accounts where there are multiple transactions which need to turn into one (dividend, reinvestment, reversal for tax reporting being an example), it's very difficult to get a good picture with only four lines displayed. I'd like to be able to drag up the section divider to give myself more room. AFAIK, this has never been possible.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Good idea!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    With non-investment account registers, you can change the size of the d/l'd tab area, but the place you grab and move is not where it is expected, see screenshot of a credit card account.

Investment account registers do not have this capability, so your idea is a good one for them.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Marc D Anderson
    Marc D Anderson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Well, golly-gee, you're right!!! I swear I've hovered over everything near the bottom of the page to try to make this happen dozens of times (maybe only in investment accounts, though), and I've never seen it. It's definitely in the "wrong" place, IMO.

That said, it would be far more valuable in investment accounts - credit card transactions almost always stand on their own - so I'd like it there.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will track it.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Agreed. Having the capability to adjust the height of the Downloaded Transactions section of the register in investment accounts would be helpful.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • yossi
    yossi Member
    It's now almost mid-2020. A private company built a spaceship that sends people into low-earth-orbit. Quicken was launched in 1983, 37 years ago. Humanity has made tremendous progress during these past 37 years.

Yet, in spite of *years* of patient user input, requesting the ability to resize the Downloaded Transactions window, Intuit has only been able to enable this functionality on *Banking* accounts (banks and credit cards). They are simply unwilling or unable to allow resizing of the Downloaded Transactions for *Investing* accounts.

At month-end, I typically get several dozen downloaded transactions in a single Investment account. Navigating through these with only three transactions visible at a time in the tiny Downloaded Transactions window is ridiculous. Especially considering I have a huge screen.

Is it really that hard? Perhaps we can all get together and crowd-source some money to give to Intuit to achieve this feat of human endeavor.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @yossi Minor nitpick.  Intuit sold Quicken off years ago to Quicken Inc.

Anyways I don't think the reason this hasn't been done has anything to do with the difficultly or money for that matter.  It has to do with how Quicken Inc (and Intuit before them) sets priorities.  You can pretty much guess that this feature has never made it past the group meeting where they decide on what to work on (no developer has ever seen it on their list of things to work on).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fggates
    fggates Windows Beta Beta
    See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875775/unable-to-expand-downloaded-transactions-section-of-register-view

This was answered (well) for banking registers but I would like to bring back the request for investment registers. Often when I download transactions they scroll off the bottom of the small windowpane, and I cannot scroll that windowpane while I have the Enter Transactions dialog open. When there are multiple transactions for the same investment (eg Div, LT Gain, ST Gain) many times I need to enter them in separate activities rather than together in the same activity just because I cannot see them all at the same time. I NEVER just blindly accept a downloaded transaction.