Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Home tab crash Quicken Home and Business 2019

Quicken Home, Business & RPM 2019 Windows 10 "HOME" Tab causes software to crash when I attempt to open the Tab. After each crash, I can re-open the software successfully. Also, crashes on both my desk top and my laptop computers.  See error message below.image

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your data file may be corrupted and you should validate your file.  Follow these steps to see if it clears the issue. https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2019
    Hello Collis,

Welcome to the Quicken Community!  We appreciate your taking the time to report this issue to the Community and apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

May I ask, when the error message seen in the screenshot above appears, have you selected to "Send Error Report"?  If not, please open your data file and when the error appears, please send the report.

Once sent, please reply back here to let me know it has been sent.  Reviewing the crash log details will give us more insight on what is happening when the crash occurs and point us in the correct direction for a resolution.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • rflackrflack Unconfirmed, Member
    edited February 2019
    I am experiencing the same issue.  I have never been able to view the home page.  Tried file validation and copying to a new file and that did not resolve the problem. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.  Every time I have submitted an error report hoping to get resolution on this soon
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    rflack said:
    I am experiencing the same issue.  I have never been able to view the home page.  Tried file validation and copying to a new file and that did not resolve the problem. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.  Every time I have submitted an error report hoping to get resolution on this soon
    Hello rflack,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a crash.  I took the liberty of reviewing our system for the submitted crash reports and have reviewed the data but have a few additional questions for you.

What region and language setting is your computer set to?  
    Are you attempting to open Quicken in a VPN or Network setting?
    Is the WindowsDefender controlled access feature turned on?
    If a completely brand new data file is created (File > New Quicken File), are you able to view the new file or does the crash still occur?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Any fix to this?  I have the same problem

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.