Unable to remove online biller accounts

edited January 27 in Paying Bills (Windows)
I upgraded from 2016 to 2019 for Windows recently. I no longer use online bills or downloadable transactions because Quicken had a tendency to hose my accounts with 2 or more linked credit cards, but I still had some entries in the database. After the upgrade there is an Attention! Important Upgrade required for Online BIlls prompt. I removed most of them without issue, but I have two that just will not go away and I can't find any way to manually remove them.

For one, I actually entered the password and got a verified State, but there is no way to remove it. For the other, I did the same but it did not change the state. I entered the password again and got a message about there already being a biller whose details already match the biller I'm trying to add. So this one - which has multiple cards accounts/cards attached to it - just will not change state and when I click the remove button it states it was successful, but never removes it or changes state.

So, any idea on how to manually remove them? I've gone through all the bills and removed any linked accounts. I've gone into the accounts and not found any reference to a log in.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Have you validated your file?  If not, I would suggest that.  There is no reason you should not be able to download banking transactions and suspect there are issues with your data file.  You may want to reach out to Quicken support to assist in removing the errant billers here. Their number or chat is listed at the bottom.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • edited January 17

Yes, I have validated the file. But you misunderstand. It's not about downloading transactions. I'm not really interested in doing that anymore with Quicken after it has hosed my database more than once over the years. I'm not going to make a backup each and every time I open Quicken so downloading transactions is a thing of the past for now. I've lost any trust I had with Quicken automation and just want to get rid of it all (automation).

I just want to remove the Online Billers prompts required for the upgrade so I can see my bills in the list again. I have two that I cannot remove.

Thanks.
  • edited January 24
    Here's a picture to show the issue.

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24

Hello Arthur,

Thank you for uploading the picture to demonstrate the issue with the Bills & Income tab.  May I ask, what release version is Quicken on?

If you aren't sure, this information may be found by opening the Help menu > About Quicken.  The latest version released for Quicken for Windows 2019 is R17.6, if you have not yet updated to this release, please visit https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription... to download and install the Mondo Patch.

Once updated, please reply back here to let us know if the Important Upgrade Required for Online Bills message persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • edited January 24

Sarah,

It's build R17.6 build 27.1.17.6 and is the latest build. And unfortunately the problem still exists. I even tried to delete my password vault, but no joy. I just can't find a way to delete either of these two entries.

Art
  • MMcCMMcC Member
    edited January 25
    Same boat. Goes through the motions as if it is going to remove the biller, but it's always there. Blocking what I really need to see. Any help?
  • I am having the same issue. Unable to remove online bill. It goes through the motion but it does not leave.
  • MMcCMMcC Member
    Have there been any progress on a solution to this subject? I feel that I am missing out on some features. This has been going on since I installed 2019. One of the billers is not supported by Quicken. Although I do not have an open account from this biller. I click to remove. I verify that I am sure. It is still there. I will have to settle this issue before I can proceed. It looks exactly like the pic that Arthur Knowles shows above.
  • QWMaxQWMax Member ✭✭
    Not sure if this addresses your issue. I experimented with this when it was introduced and also found online bills rather useless. Wanted to remove them but wasn't sure how. I found the attached menu selection produces a popup window which allow you to remove them. I no longer have any online bills displayed

• Beijing MacBeijing Mac Member ✭✭✭
    I had several bills (between utility accounts & credit card bills) set up on the Online Bills feature.  (mainly as a test of this feature since I already had memorized payments for them, just thinking that I would get the exact amount before hand with the Online feature.  Just a few days ago, the window listing my Online Bills that I had set up (about 8 or so), just went blank -- nothing displayed inside the window that previously had the several rows of online bills displayed.  Have tried to log out of Quicken account, exit out and then relaunch and log back into Quicken, nothing has worked to refresh page....  first time I've experienced this in the several years of using / testing the Online Bills.  I have Quicken RPM 2017 and latest version.  

Anyone else experienced similar or have any ideas?  I can't even use the "Manage Online Billers" feature from settings (recent poster) as the window that appears is empty also.  And it won't let me add (+) an online bill.   
  • Uzay26Uzay26 Member
    QWMax said:
    Not sure if this addresses your issue. I experimented with this when it was introduced and also found online bills rather useless. Wanted to remove them but wasn't sure how. I found the attached menu selection produces a popup window which allow you to remove them. I no longer have any online bills displayed

Thank you, QWMax.  This may not have addressed Arthur Knowles's issue, but it definitely addressed mine.
This discussion has been closed.