Put back useful features that you have removed

1. Put back the ability to do simple math on amounts entered into the registers. We can no longer set "T" with a sales tax rate (or whatever) and then apply it just by typing T. Put it back, along with the ability we had to multiply or divide on an entry, which you have also removed, making it more cumbersome to do multiple split lines. This is an accounting app—why should we have to go get a pencil or calculator?

2. Put back a note field in the register that will NOT appear on a check. Need both fields, but you took one away. Put it back.

3. The "Help" should explain all those weird abbreviations in the list of column choices. I mean, how on earth are we supposed to figure them out? Customer Service had to look them up for me. If she has a written description of them, why aren't those written descriptions in the Help? Better, you could add "Abbreviations explained" down by where you say "Reset to default" under the column list. (For a number of them, she said, "You'll never use that." Well, then why are they there?

4. Allow for custom icons next to our list of accounts OR enable us to color the names of our accounts, so as to make it easier at a glance to select the account that we want. 

5. Put back the ability to write VOID in the Payee line. 
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• LarryHallockLarryHallock Member
    edited January 24
    Let me correct what I said in item #1. Customer Service told me on the phone that we cannot type "T" to calculate a sales tax rate, and that appears to be true. But the woman also told me emphatically that there was absolutely no way to do any math at all on any entries in the registers—which I now see is incorrect. There's a little calculator icon in some fields (not mentioned in Help that I could find) and by trial and error one can learn how to use it. Even when I expressed disbelief that Quicken would have removed the ability to do simple math on an entry, Customer Service was firm in insisting that that was a feature in Quicken 2007 that had been eliminated. I'm glad to learn she was wrong about that.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 18

Let me correct what I said in item #1. Customer Service told me on the phone that we cannot type "T" to calculate a sales tax rate, and that appears to be true. But the woman also told me emphatically that there was absolutely no way to do any math at all on any entries in the registers—which I now see is incorrect. There's a little calculator icon in some fields (not mentioned in Help that I could find) and by trial and error one can learn how to use it. Even when I expressed disbelief that Quicken would have removed the ability to do simple math on an entry, Customer Service was firm in insisting that that was a feature in Quicken 2007 that had been eliminated. I'm glad to learn she was wrong about that.

Larry, are you using QMac?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited January 22

AND, no features have been removed from QMac.  QM2019 is a complete, from the ground up, re-write of QMac.

SO, while it's true that features of QM2007 have yet to be implemented in QM2019 ... they were NEVER removed from QM2019 (or it's predecessors, starting with QEM), because those features were never in this new product line.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited January 22

Re #1. it is called QuickMath, from QM2007. You can add your VOTE for QuickMath functionality 

Re: #5... you still can BUT it has to be lowercase (I do not know why but it works). If you need further guidance, read this FAQ: How to VOID a transactionYou can also add your VOTE for 
    Ability to Move or Void a Transaction

First, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests for Data Entry and Usability Options and Features. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited January 22

Re #1, if the calculator icon is present, you don't have to click it to do math. Just type a number then any operator (+,-,*,/) then the next number then = sign. No need to mouse around.