Quicken Starter

edited January 24 in Before you Buy
I am deciding which product to buy.  Basically we want to track our checkbook register. Be able to categorize expenses (Food, Auto, etc). and reconcile with our bank.  Maybe set up budget amounts.  Would Quicken Starter do this?

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Yes, it would. But if you let your Quicken subscription expire, your data would become read-only. I would suggest Quicken Deluxe.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Shop around for the best $/month price for the subscription.  Amazon usually has the better price, but check the big box stores also.  Quicken.com rarely has the best price.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jane piattJane piatt Member
    edited January 19
    STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! I have no horse in this race, i've just been using the software since 2002 and they have ruined it.  Imagine how inconvenient it is going to be for me when I have to find another program and learn it since I've been using this one for 16 years.  I believe the problem started when Intuit sold Quicken.  Believe me please, you are going to hate how SLLOOWW it is - extremely frustrating!!
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! I have no horse in this race, i've just been using the software since 2002 and they have ruined it.  Imagine how inconvenient it is going to be for me when I have to find another program and learn it since I've been using this one for 16 years.  I believe the problem started when Intuit sold Quicken.  Believe me please, you are going to hate how SLLOOWW it is - extremely frustrating!!

It's not normal for Quicken to be slow. You should try any troubleshooting steps that get recommended on your post.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.