Quicken 2019 Premier is a disappointment

Upgraded from 2016 to 2019 Premier and the 2019 looks like a beginners web site, and buttons come and go randomly.  Especially when on-line reconciling an account. Also investments are way off base and don't match my investment accounts.  Going to be looking for something else unless Quicken gets it act together and totally overhauls 2019.

Comments

• edited January 18
    I hope so too.  I have ben using for ove 20 years and have never seen anything likr this.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 18
    I'm still running QW2016 and they changed the icons in 2017 to have the new "modern, flat" look that is so popular with all the phone/tablet apps.  Luckily, with subscription Quicken (2018+), they added some (not much) color back to some of the icons.

Personally, I would be real happy if they went back to the 2016 icons, but that isn't going to happen since market research undoubtedly told them modern was the way to go.  I also am not too happy with the Win10 icons.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• lablover57lablover57 Member
    edited January 18
    almost 30 years for me with Quicken.  Agree with you all. 
  • edited January 17
    There is no real alternative that provides the same functionality as Quicken.  Users' best hope is that Q will clean things up a bit now that they have moved to a subscription model.  But face it, there's not much incentive for any manufacturer to put much effort into desktop software.  Photoshop is another example of software that has pretty much crawled, not leaped, forward the last several years, but for all that it does, there is no good alternative.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser
    edited January 18
    Did your investments in Quicken 2016 match your investing accounts?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • P.P.P.P. Member
    edited January 18

No, but 2019 seems to be much worse.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser
    edited January 18

If you would like help getting your investments in Quicken to agree with your statements, perhaps you could start a new thread with an appropriate headline and answering the questions below.

The approach will vary depending on your situation and goals:

-- Do you download transactions or enter them manually?
    -- Are you interested in historical performance tracking for your investments, or just the current balances?
    -- Are you interested in tax tracking for your investments?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription