How do I start quicken automatically after downloading a .qfx file?

How do I start quicken automatically after downloading a .qfx file on Windows 10.

Ted

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    In Windows, set the file association for .QFX extension files to point to qw.exe which is in the Program files\Quicken folder.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    splasher said:

In Windows, set the file association for .QFX extension files to point to qw.exe which is in the Program files\Quicken folder.

So simply double-clicking the .QFX file will launch Quicken.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    splasher said:

BOTH of those replies assume that you're running a currently supported Q product (Q2016 or later) and that the QFX file was downloaded from a "Participating Financial Institution" that has a current contract with Quicken, Inc,

Q will refuse to import any QFX file that doesn't satisfy both of those conditions.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Ted SarahTed Sarah Member
    edited January 24
    splasher said:

I'm aware of both options but wasn't sure what the once called "file association" was called.  Thanks,  splasher
This discussion has been closed.