Question on font size when RECONCILING an account

I am using Windows 10, I have Quicken Year 2019, Version R17.6, Build 27.1.17.6

I have no problem with the font size in the regular register windows, but when I need to reconcile an account I need a larger font in the reconcile window.  I have found no way to change this.

I have been using Quicken now for over 25 years. Sadly my eyes are not what they used to be.

Thank you

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    All fonts outside of the banking account registers depend on your Windows settings for text size.  Try changing Windows Control Panel / Display
    options for "Make text and other items ... smaller or larger" to use a
    different scaling level.
  • Charles CoxCharles Cox Member
    edited January 21
    UKR,

Thank you for your reply.

I went to the Control Panel, but did not find Display Options there.  I Googled Windows 10 Display Options and found that I have to Right Click on the Desktop to find it there.  When that opened up, there was nothing there for "Make text and other items...smaller or larger" But I did find "Change the size of text, apps, and other items.  My choices are 100%, 125%, 150%. 175%

When I clicked on 125% this changes everything I look at, including my desktop now has a new look, everything there is bigger.  I did have 2 1/2 columns of program icons I click on to start them from my desktop, but now have 3 columns + icons on my desktop.  Now even this Quicken Community is even larger.

I am not sure I like everything being larger. Is there no way to change the font size of the Reconcile window only within Quicken?

Thank you

edited January 21
    I just now noticed, I use Google Chrome for my web browser.  It made the page of Google Chrome larger to the point it cuts off part of the page on the right hand side.  The bottom portion I am able to scroll right to left side, but the top portion of Google Chrome I am not able to scroll right to left.

What is even worse, I opened up Quicken, it has also expanded to where I can not see the 3 columns on the right side without scrolling.

I don't like the idea of having to scroll everything left to right or right to left, going back and forth.
    Hopefully there is a better way to solve this problem I am having.

Thank you
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Sorry. If changing text size in Windows doesn't work for you, there's nothing that can be done (that I know of) to make just Quicken a little larger.
    Perhaps someone else will chime in here with an idea. I'm fresh out.
    edited January 21
    I do thank you and I do appreciate you for trying to help me.

Anyone else have any ideas?
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21

UKR,

I went to the Control Panel, but did not find Display Options there.  I Googled Windows 10 Display Options and found that I have to Right Click on the Desktop to find it there.  When that opened up, there was nothing there for "Make text and other items...smaller or larger" But I did find "Change the size of text, apps, and other items.  My choices are 100%, 125%, 150%. 175%

When I clicked on 125% this changes everything I look at, including my desktop now has a new look, everything there is bigger.  I did have 2 1/2 columns of program icons I click on to start them from my desktop, but now have 3 columns + icons on my desktop.  Now even this Quicken Community is even larger.

I am not sure I like everything being larger. Is there no way to change the font size of the Reconcile window only within Quicken?

Thank you

From C. D. Bales:

"Is there no way to change the font size of the Reconcile window only within
     Quicken?"

No, there is not.

If you want larger fonts only in Quicken, you can select "Use Large Fonts"
    in the Quicken View menu.

While that will change the size of the font in most places in Quicken
    (including the font in reconciles), you can elect to use it only while you
    are reconciling.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited January 21

UKR,

Thank you

mshiggins,

Thank you for this suggestion from C.D. Bales.  This may work.  From what I think he/she is suggesting I can turn this on and off as needed.
    It sounds good to me.
This discussion has been closed.