Plans for Tax Planning - Married Filing Separately

Are there plans to provide two separate tax planning analyses for "married filing separately" situations within a single Quicken file?  I realize the possible complexity of assigning income and expenses, but I can also imagine a relatively simple way to assign them.  Is there interest in this option?
Tagged:

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Turbotax has a handy What If form for this. All you need to do is segregate earnings and deductions by taxpayer vs spouse.

You don't really need a special tool in Quicken to do this. All you need to do is make sure you use tags to designate all earnings and deductible expenses as one of you or the other or joint. Then you can easily pull reports to get the data you need to enter in the What If worksheet.

I use Turbotax, but hopefully other tax prep software has a similar feature.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    QWin Tax Planner already has the feature to have up to 4 different scenarios with different filing statuses you can compare.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited January 21
    Will give it a shot.  Thanks!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21

Are you currently using Quicken? If so, what specific version?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited January 21

Q19, the latest.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21

Need more. Quicken 2019, for Mac or Windows? Which level: Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • edited January 21

Ah, sorry.  H&B.
  • I think what needs to be made more clear is that to simulate MFS tax scenarios, one must first enter all information, properly categorized between spouses, under a MFJ status, then use the Scenario planner to eliminate portions of each planner scenario.  Is this right?  Seems to make sense.
This discussion has been closed.