Dropbox storage downgraded

Just today I noticed that my Dropbox storage that's included with quicken just downgraded to the free 2GB. Any ideas on whats going on?

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Hello Brandon,

I apologize that your Dropbox storage amount has dropped.

Please contact our Care Team directly .https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

They will provide you with a new dropbox code to renew the Dropbox offer.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • AndrewAndrew Member
    edited January 20
    Dropbox offers anyone 2gb free. Not sure what you need Quicken for, unless there's value add to their offer?
  • brandongblackbrandongblack Member
    edited January 20
    Thank you. I was able to find the new code on my quicken account
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28

Hello Brandon,

Please contact our Care Team directly .https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Was there an expiration to the FREE 5GB upgrade for Dropbox?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited January 22
    I had the same issue over the weekend. I contacted support Tuesday and after a little back forth a new code was given to me over chat. The agent told me the code would be good for one year from today. I asked if the offer would be good as long as I had an active subscription but she just repeated the same thing.
  • edited January 28
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled drop box storage reduced in middle of Quicken subscription.

I received notice from Drop box that my storage had been reduced. When I checked my account I found that my 5GB Quicken Promo storage was no longer listed. I checked my Quicken account and found that I now had two promo codes for Drop Box.  When I entered them into the DB site both said they had been used.  I went to Quicken chat and was told the second code was in case I never used my first. The rep told me if they both worked I would be getting 10GB. I'm not looking for 10GB but I was under the impression the the 5GB was good as long as your subscription was active. Has anyone else had problems with the second code not working or not keeping the 5GB for the duration of your Quicken subscription?
  • edited January 28

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled drop box storage reduced in middle of Quicken subscription.

I received notice from Drop box that my storage had been reduced. When I checked my account I found that my 5GB Quicken Promo storage was no longer listed. I checked my Quicken account and found that I now had two promo codes for Drop Box.  When I entered them into the DB site both said they had been used.  I went to Quicken chat and was told the second code was in case I never used my first. The rep told me if they both worked I would be getting 10GB. I'm not looking for 10GB but I was under the impression the the 5GB was good as long as your subscription was active. Has anyone else had problems with the second code not working or not keeping the 5GB for the duration of your Quicken subscription?

I called Quicken support today and was told to contact Dropbox. I'm waiting on a response from them. Doesn't appear Quicken can be of much help on this issue.
  • RobRob Member
    edited January 28
    I am having this issue as well.  Quicken Support is just telling me that the code expires and nothing they can do, even though the whole decision to purchase Quicken was predicated on the Dropbox space to be used for doing backups of the Quicken data file.  That is how the feature was promoted.  Why would a critical component of the software have an expiration date when my subscription for Quicken does not expire for a few more years?  Nowhere in the legal language or terms and conditions was it stated that the Dropbox space was temporary or will expire. 
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28

Hello Brandon,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Quicken Tyka any more feedback on this please?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • RobRob Member
    edited January 28

Quicken Support told me to contact Dropbox and Amazon since I bought the product on Amazon.  I put a query into Dropbox already, but here is Amazon's response: 
    I have checked with my internal team and see that offer availability only depends on the rights with the content owners.  Further, as we are only the platform for selling their products, we are unaware of the product discounts or offers they provide 

Which is to say, Amazon has no control or say over the product offerings, nor would Dropbox.  This is squarely in Quicken's purview to resolve.
  • RobRob Member
    edited January 28

Hello Brandon,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Quicken support is blaming everyone else but Quicken on this issue.