Quicken BillPay must not exist

robynm207robynm207 Member
edited January 27 in Paying Bills (Mac)
Unable to get trial deposits sent after waiting since November 26, 2018!  Countless calls.  Told they are way behind in initiating the trial deposits.  This was the entire reason I bought this software. 

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Just want to point out that you do not need Quicken BillPay to pay bills online with Quicken.  Many banks offer online bill pay through Quicken. With some still offering this service for free.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    @robynm207, there have been lots of complaints on this forum about the set-up process with Quicken Bill Pay, which is a service from a third-party company (Metavante). It seems they are perpetually way behind, and that completing the process typically takes more than a month, and up to two months. It's certainly annoying to users, and Quicken apparently has no control and little leverage in trying to get Metavante to be faster and provide better customer support.

The one possible consolation I can provide is that after you do get set up, whenever that finally happens, there are far fewer complaints about using the service once set up. So the only advice I can offer is to reconcile yourself to the reality that it may still take awhile to get set-up, continue to follow up with them until you do, and know that this should get resolved for you before too long. It shouldn't be this difficult, time-consuming, or annoying, but it is; your options are to sit back and wait (and not stress about it), or walk away and find a different bill payment process to use.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Brian TreanorBrian Treanor Member
    edited January 26
    Odd, I did not experience any delays...I recently purchased the Premier subscription for Mac, and the test/verification deposits were made within just a couple days of my setting up/enrolling in Quicken Bill Pay (this was first week of Jan 2019).
  • robynm207robynm207 Member
    edited January 22

Odd, I did not experience any delays...I recently purchased the Premier subscription for Mac, and the test/verification deposits were made within just a couple days of my setting up/enrolling in Quicken Bill Pay (this was first week of Jan 2019).

Holy cow!  I have been calling and waiting and calling and being told to wait longer.  CRAZY the you got your trial deposits so quickly.  I am using Premier subscription for Mac as well.  Thank you.
    edited January 22
    jacobs said:

@robynm207, there have been lots of complaints on this forum about the set-up process with Quicken Bill Pay, which is a service from a third-party company (Metavante). It seems they are perpetually way behind, and that completing the process typically takes more than a month, and up to two months. It's certainly annoying to users, and Quicken apparently has no control and little leverage in trying to get Metavante to be faster and provide better customer support.

The one possible consolation I can provide is that after you do get set up, whenever that finally happens, there are far fewer complaints about using the service once set up. So the only advice I can offer is to reconcile yourself to the reality that it may still take awhile to get set-up, continue to follow up with them until you do, and know that this should get resolved for you before too long. It shouldn't be this difficult, time-consuming, or annoying, but it is; your options are to sit back and wait (and not stress about it), or walk away and find a different bill payment process to use.

Yes, I have resigned myself to this but was hoping to be able to pay bills directly within th software without having to open a web browser, log into my bank, and pay bills that way, like I have been doing for years.  
    edited January 22
    GeoffG said:

Just want to point out that you do not need Quicken BillPay to pay bills online with Quicken.  Many banks offer online bill pay through Quicken. With some still offering this service for free.

How does that work?  Would I still have to log into my bank (Wells Fargo) and pay bills the old fashioned way?  Or is there a way to do it within the software?
  • BartBart Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    Brian - did you have to also submit a big list of personal information for identity verification? After waiting over 7 weeks for my trial deposits and after several phone calls back and forth I was finally told I also had to submit several documents to prove my identity including a copy of driver's license, SS card, etc. This to me is a very insecure process and after additional emails/calls I've given up on BillPay which, like many here, was the main reason I upgraded to Quicken 2019 early. All of this after having a prior BillPay account for over 15 years. Very poor service and communication from BillPay servicing company and Quicken apparently has no leverage or desire to improve BillPay customer service even though the service carries their brand and is advertised as a bonus "free" service as incentive to upgrade to the latest version of Quicken Premier. I regret not staying with my Quicken 2017 until forced to upgrade in 2020.
  • dnfinancednfinance Member ✭✭
    edited January 26

I too have been waiting for any communication from Metevante since mid December.  Have called four times and the responses morphed each time. 

Good for Brian though.
This discussion has been closed.