Can anyone elaborate on R18.6 release note item?

Release note for R18.6 states:
Release R18.6 (US Versions, Jan 2019)

Before you take this update, we recommend you perform a One
Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud and also
make a backup of your data file

• New: You can now report a problem to Quicken through the Quicken Windows user interface. To report a problem, click Help > Report a problem.
  • Fixed: An issue where passwords were not printed when trying to print the Password Vault.Release R18.6 (US Versions, Jan 2019)

Can anyone elaborate on "Fixed: A few user interface issues and text issues."
It would be nice to know what UI problems have been resolved.

Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser
    edited January 22
    Hi @ Mike - Deluxe 2017 R18.6 (Win) ,

Yes, I read that as well.

I agree on making a Manual Backup. Reason, if the Update erases the Password Vault, simply restore the Manual Backup. It happened to me, so I know it is possible,

But doing an One Step Update, before applying the Patch, I disagree.
    Reason: You can't receive new transactions after just doing the update before applying. I would like testing after the update.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 25
    I wasn't given a chance to do a One Step Backup.  I started Quicken and it immediately updated without any dialog box.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 22

I wasn't given a chance to do a One Step Backup.  I started Quicken and it immediately updated without any dialog box.

Mike, turn on Windows User Access Control and you'll get a prompt asking for your permission before Quicken program changes are made.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • CharlieCharlie Member
    edited January 23

This is Quicken's responsibility not Microsoft.  Yes, UAC is an inconvenient work-around esp. if one is a Power User.

The issue is Quicken. Note what they said above. They give instructions for us to follow pre-update yet don't tell us an update in coming - Worse than a Catch-22.

At least, with MS I can shut off updates, update at my leisure, sort through what updates entail, etc.

Quicken gave ZERO warning and then in these notes has the gall to say what to do pre-update. This is amateur behavior.
    edited January 22

Hi @ Mike - Deluxe 2017 R18.6 (Win) ,

I upgraded Quicken 2017 Home & Business R17.4 to R18.6 without any problems, whatsoever.

I clicked Help, then clicked Download Latest version.

Users who are running the latest version at the time, are not upgraded to the Latest Patch Release as soon as they open Quicken up.

Users who are running older patch releases are upgraded as soon as they open Quicken Up.

The Purpose of the Subscription is to make sure that all will be running the same R# Level. This will be in place come May, 2020.

• Steve CannonSteve Cannon Member
    edited January 23

When I do Help>Check for Updates it says that I have the latest version which is 17.6.  I looked in the Quicken support release notes an don't see release notes for R18.6.  What's the URL to these release notes and why does my Quicken think I have the latest version?

Quicken for Windows, Home, Business, and Rental Property.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 23

Charlie, while I wait for Quicken Inc to change how and when updates are applied, I prefer using Windows UAC so I can control patch application. You are welcome to take your own preferred approach while you wait for the change.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited January 23

Hi @ Steve Cannon ,

Quicken released the Patch in Stages, to make sure that there isn't anything wrong, before releasing to everyone.

See here and scroll down: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Wait until it is available internally through your Quicken program.

If you apply the Mondo Patch and causes you problems, then you need to reinstall:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/installing-reinstalling-and-upgrading-to-windows...

• Steve CannonSteve Cannon Member
    edited January 23

Why would Quicken list the update under Quicken 2017 for Windows Release Notes, Updates and Mondo Patch?  The patch is for 2019. 

The support web site is very disorganized.
  • Joe PetryJoe Petry Member
    edited January 25

Steve Cannon:

That's incorrect.  The 18.6 patch was for Quicken Windows 2017. 
    edited January 23

Hi @ Steve Cannon ,

You posted under a thread for Quicken 2017 from @ Mike - Deluxe 2017 R18.6 (Win)

You did not disclose the Year of your Quicken Product.
  • TJTJ Member
    edited April 10
    [rant redacted] I'm Using 2019 and the update took me to R18.16. When I went to download bank transactions, I was notified there was a new update that needed to be downloaded! For 2019 I'm at R18.16, where should I be??  Did I get an update not intended for 2019?  [rant redacted]
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    edited April 10
    Not sure I follow your logic. You are on Q2019 (subscription) and your posting about Q2017. The R stands for release. So why can't Q2017 have the eighteenth.16 release of updates and Q2019 also have as of this date the eighteenth.16 release in software?
    This is standard IT software development versioning schema.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Home version 1809
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser
    edited April 10
    Not sure which R18.16 folks are discussing....
    as there is one for Quicken 2017 AND now Quicken 2019 -
    PLEASE add the Quicken version YEAR along with any references to Release numbers.

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Good point.  My original post was for Q2017.
This discussion has been closed.