Capital One Scheduled downloads vs One Step Update

My scheduled updates are not able to download my Capital One transactions, but if I go to the Account Register and trigger an Update for just that account, the transactions download.

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Are these new "today" transactions; yesterday's; the day before that?

There is a natural delay to CapOne transactions since it is an Express Web Connect connection, but doing an Update Now from the register is like an initial download that may get the data from "today".
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Alan StarrAlan Starr Member
    edited January 22
    Transactions from several days. Scheduled update shows an error for only this account.
  • TimTim Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Forget scheduling updates...too many hassles. Get up in the AM/PM and run a One Step Update on your schedule.  Do the update on CapOne alone until you can do that Update successfully.  Then move on all updating accounts at one time. You may encounter other issues but you can deal with those as they arise...due to Quicken or CapOne as the situation unfolds.  Good Luck.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

Transactions from several days. Scheduled update shows an error for only this account.

I don't do scheduled updates, so no advice there.  I can only confirm there is a normal delay in EWC downloads (generally 1 day, 2 at most).
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    I've been successfully using scheduled updates for a decade or more.  Make sure you can do an Update Now from the register.  To access go to the gear icon upper right and select Update Now.  I don't use Capital One, but if I recall correctly, that institution has the only EWC+ implementation.  If that's the case, you need to make sure to have the correct connection before Scheduled Updates will work.  And of course you have the next day delay for test results.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Alan StarrAlan Starr Member
    edited January 27
    Scheduled update has error OL-401-B
    Your scheduled update couldn't be completed because the password was either incorrect or not stored in the Password Vault

Obviously this is not accurate since manually triggering the update and using the vault works just fine.  
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25

Scheduled update has error OL-401-B
    Your scheduled update couldn't be completed because the password was either incorrect or not stored in the Password Vault

Obviously this is not accurate since manually triggering the update and using the vault works just fine.  

This is the result of your error: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-401b

Can you describe how you setup Scheduled Updates and when it is set to trigger?

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • I have exactly the same issue as Alan Starr. Manually requested updates of Capital One work fine, however, automatic updates through  One Step Update give the error described. I have done the Capital One procedure to get the one time code, and all that works. It's just the automated update that does not. This is a relatively new phenomenon as it used to work fine up until a month or two ago.
  • tjlee089tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Manual updates work fine; scheduled updates give error message. The problem is not with the settings in Quicken. This issue first appeared for me when going from Q2016 to Q2017.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    There are many FIs with "Capital One" in their names. Which one is giving you problems? And are you sure you're using the right one?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
This discussion has been closed.