Membership expired : NOT TRUE

I'm a Canadian's Quicken for windows user.  This morning I got an update 2019 R16.16.  Since then, I got the message that my membership has expired.  But it was renewed 1 month ago.  I logout from my account many times, disconnect all devices too and reconnected but same error.  For sure it is a BUG with the update.  I even reboot and logout and logon again.  When I click on Help, Check membership status it says Your membership is up to date.  So it is a BUG probably in the Canadian version.  What's next ?

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    I recommend you contact support:

https://www.quicken.com/support#conta...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Jean BilodeauJean Bilodeau Member
    edited January 23
    I did that and they have no clue why.  I did everything they said but no help.  I should call by phone but want to know if there is someone with the same problem today.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23

I did that and they have no clue why.  I did everything they said but no help.  I should call by phone but want to know if there is someone with the same problem today.

In the last week or so, there have been several complaints from users who were getting a false expiration notice. They all bought another year subscription and had posted to complain the they had to buy another subscription to reactivate.

I don't recall if they were Canadian users or if the issue occurred after a patch.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Hello Jean. Appreciate your question. 

Please contact Quicken Phone Support so that we can look into your membership and assist you in resolving this issue.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited January 23

@Jean: I am using the same version of Q as you are. I applied the Mondo patch (current to R16.16) yesterday evening and haven't, at least yet, encountered the issue you are describing.

The two things that come to mind that you might try:
    1. Apply the Mondo patch https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    2. Try clicking on Login as Different user, but when you log back in, login as the same user; maybe you tried this already?
    edited January 23

Thank you for your help but I just applied Mondo patch.  First opening was fine.  I closed the app and the re-opened, same issue.
    edited January 23

Your #2, I tried this few times
    edited January 23
    Once the issue is resolved, I hope someone posts the solution here !
    edited January 23
    I don't have time to be on the phone for an hour for now but I will post here when fix.
    edited January 23
    It is really strange, even it says my membership is expired (and in the help it says my membership is up to date), I can update my data with the one step update.
    edited January 23
    After 1 hour of tests they found the solution:
    -They asked to uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch: Same error
    -Logout/Login same error
    - We created a new quicken file : No error

She thought my file was corrupted.  I tried a backup 22 days earlier: Same error

Finally,
    she asked me to a) delete the directory %appdata%\Roaming\Quicken and b) delete all files in %Temp% and IT FIXES THE PROBLEM.

Thank you all for your time.
    edited January 23

After 1 hour of tests they found the solution:
    -They asked to uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch: Same error
    -Logout/Login same error
    - We created a new quicken file : No error

She thought my file was corrupted.  I tried a backup 22 days earlier: Same error

Finally,
    she asked me to a) delete the directory %appdata%\Roaming\Quicken and b) delete all files in %Temp% and IT FIXES THE PROBLEM.

Thank you all for your time.

Thank you for posting the solution for the benefit of others
    edited January 24
    The problem came back.  As soon as I reconfigure my account to sync on the web the message reappeared.  I will open a new discussion so everybody can see it.
  • Alain ToutantAlain Toutant Member
    edited January 27
    I have the same problem that Jean have with the same Quicken version and after renewing from Home & Business to Deluxe version.
  • US are now at version R18.14, Canada still at R16.16.  There should be only one employee working to convert the code from US to Canada's versions.
  • I am having the same trouble.  Automatic renewal of membership in December, (Canadian) for Home and business.  I've been away a couple of weeks. Quicken just updated itself when I opened it today and that lovely notice is there that membership needs to be renewed.  I don't have time to spend with all the suggestions that aren't working.  They had better come out with a fix soon.