Error: ConnectionReset when using a comercial VPN

We travel extensively and have been using a VPN for a number of years.  Over the past few weeks I can not execute updates to our accounts managed by Quicken when connected to any of our VPN provider's nodes.  We need to completely disconnect from the VPN to successfully update our Quicken Data, putting our computer and  transmission stream at risk.

We understand the security issues Quicken has with access via one of the VPN nodes used by our provider.  However other sites we use have similar issues and they have implemented one of the following that allow us to keep our computer connected our VPN:

o Two step verification requiring submition of a security code sent via SMS or email.

o Having all communications between the app and their server go through a single, easily identifiable program.  This allows me to have the VPN app split off communications to use the standard  internet connection.  The VPN is still used for everything else.  I have tried to do this for Quicken, splitting off all communications for all of the .exe programs located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ with no luck...  There appears to be program or service that is used to update Quicken that is not located in this folder.

It would be great if I could use one of the two approaches above, allowing me to keep our VPN operational while using Quicken.

0 votes

No Status · Last Updated