online payee lead time

2019 version R17.6 build 27.1.17.6  This is an ongoing problem I've had. Since I updated payee information for one of my Online Payees (new account number, bill paying address, etc.) the delivery time for this payee has increased from 1 or 2 days to 7 days.  Agents at both the financial institution and the payee say the change was not caused on their end.

I contacted Quicken Support Chat just now and got a response after 21 minutes. The agent asked me for my name, phone number, and email address and I replied with them. Then I was abruptly disconnected, seeing a message on the screen saying "left conversation" and "Conversation ended."

Then I called Quicken Phone Support, went through the prompts, waited, got connected to what sounded like some overseas boiler room operation, talked to "Kevin" with a very heavy accent for a while, got no answers, and then was abruptly disconnected.

Meanwhile, I tried again on Quicken Support Chat and got reconnected to the same guy [photo removed]

who asked me again for my name, number, etc. I sent them to him. I told him the problem.  After a few seconds he wrote back "seems you need to call, quicke bill pay to reset" [sic].  I typed "But I don't use Quicken Bill Pay", but before I could hit the Enter button, I was disconnected again.

What is Quicken's problem?  How can they treat their customers this way?  This is the worst customer support I have ever experienced anywhere, anytime. Quicken should be ashamed. I'll be looking for a different accounting program whose owners actually care about their customers.

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Hello Tim,

I apologize that this has happened was your experience.  This interaction is being investigated and what you've experienced is unacceptable and is definitely not up to par with our customer service standards.

Can I ask that you attempt to send a bill payment through the bank's website to test what the lead time would be?

The bank should determine the lead time and I'm curious if the lead time will match Quicken or if it will be the previous 2 days like you were seeing.

I would like to again, apologize for the poor experience you had with support.

-Quicken Tyka

The original thread is located: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/lead-time-has-increased.
    -Quicken Tyka
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 23
     Hi Quicken Tyka,

Thank you for your prompt response. As I've explained, I spent an hour on the phone with Bank of America support, and the agent even consulted Quicken Support while I was on the phone with him. The B of A agent confirmed that this is not a Bank of America issue.

I went through the same process with the payee's support agent. She said the problem is not on their end either.

That leaves only one possible explanation--this problem is because of some designation of the delivery time by Quicken. If you are an Official Rep, perhaps you can actually explain why this happened and what can be done to fix it. I am tired of speaking to Quicken agents who not only don't have a clue about your products but are barely literate.

Finally, Tyka, did you delete the photo from my (now merged) comment above?  If you are going to edit my comments, please include an explanatory note.
  • TimTim Member
    edited January 24
    Quicken Tyka, can you help me with this problem? Or put me in touch with someone who can?

Thank you,

Tim
  • Hi, Tim - I'm having a similar problem.  Bill pay lead time says 2 days, but the register won't let me send the payment any sooner than 9 business days.  I've contacted Quicken and they say it's the bank.  I've contacted the bank and they say it's Quicken. So I send the payment to the bank via update, then go to the bank website to log in and change the date, then back to Quicken update to bring in the date I wanted, two days out.  Very cumbersome but the only way to get it done.  I don't know why it seems no one can come up with an answer, but it sure would be nice to have support from someone.  And I feel your pain with the chat and call in help.  Seems real hard to get quality support any more.  Very disappointed.  Been almost two months and it doesn't look like you've received a reply to your January 25th comment.  So sad.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmwagner said:
    Hi, Tim - I'm having a similar problem.  Bill pay lead time says 2 days, but the register won't let me send the payment any sooner than 9 business days.  I've contacted Quicken and they say it's the bank.  I've contacted the bank and they say it's Quicken. So I send the payment to the bank via update, then go to the bank website to log in and change the date, then back to Quicken update to bring in the date I wanted, two days out.  Very cumbersome but the only way to get it done.  I don't know why it seems no one can come up with an answer, but it sure would be nice to have support from someone.  And I feel your pain with the chat and call in help.  Seems real hard to get quality support any more.  Very disappointed.  Been almost two months and it doesn't look like you've received a reply to your January 25th comment.  So sad.
    I'm not condoning the way Quicken is working, but if you are going to go thru that much trouble, why not just start with the financial institution's website to initiate the BP action and then manually enter it into Quicken?  Seems a lot more straight forward then the back and forth dance you are having to do now.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tim & @dmwagner

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The Online Payee Lead Time is sent to Quicken by the Financial Institution and should be the same lead time no matter what data file is being viewed.

I would like to look into this matter further and determine what is happening so this can resolved for all Users.

If you haven't already, please recreate the Online Payee with the incorrect lead time and delete the original Payee.  Is the lead time still showing as 9 days?

If so, then we will need to review the internal data being transmitted to Quicken from the Financial Institution.  If using Quicken 2018/2019 please go to the Help menu and select "Report a Problem"

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, link to this community post in the comment section, mark every box to include all listed files and click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply to this post to let me know so I can locate the submissions in the system.

Thank you,

Sarah