discover bank connection

Why do some banks not work with Quicken?  The interface with the banks is one of the main conveniences of using Quicken, in my opinion.  I have found that I can not use this feature with Discover Bank.  I have found numerous articles with suggestions, instructions but nothing worked.  Please get it straightened out, Quicken.  Another one that doesn't work  is Marcus by Goldman Sachs.

Comments

• Web AndersonWeb Anderson Member
    edited January 24
     LL Bean replaced their Visa card that was with Barclays with a Mastercard with Citi Bank.  What a disaster.  Now have to enter each transaction manually.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    @Kathy Walker

Which type of download is setup for Discover Bank?  Direct Connect or Express Web Connect (Look on the Account List (Tools menu)).
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited January 24

LL Bean replaced their Visa card that was with Barclays with a Mastercard with Citi Bank.  What a disaster.  Now have to enter each transaction manually.

@Web Anderson

You have a different issue and you should start your own discussion rather than hijacking kathy's question.

• Kathy WalkerKathy Walker Member
    edited January 24
    I tried both. I looked at instructions from Discover and Quicken. Nothing worked. I even called Discover Bank. That person didn‘t know anything.
    edited January 24

I tried both. I looked at instructions from Discover and Quicken. Nothing worked. I even called Discover Bank. That person didn‘t know anything.

I would try the Direct Connect menthod again.  I use it with both Discover Card (1) and Discover Bank (2 savings & 6 CDs) and they all download successfully.

• Kathy WalkerKathy Walker Member
    edited January 24

Ok, thanks for suggestion. Will try again and report back
This discussion has been closed.