Memorized Payee List - Change existing trasactions or just future downloads?

I would like to know if its possible for the memorized payee list to change existing transactions you have already downloaded to quicken or does this feture only work for future downloads? For example I have many transactions to Bomgarrs and I would like all trasactions to be catagorized under Job Tools. Is there a way to do that to all existing trasactions and future downloads without having to manually change each one individually?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    The memorized payee only works as transactions are entered.

If you sort your register by payee (click on the payee column header), you can select multiple transactions (does not apply to investment accounts) using either the shift key (selecting a range) or the ctrl key (selecting transactions individually), once you have a group highlighted, right click on the highlighted transaction and select "edit" from the dropdown list.  From there, you can change a given field on all selected transactions.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    splasher said:

The memorized payee only works as transactions are entered.

If you sort your register by payee (click on the payee column header), you can select multiple transactions (does not apply to investment accounts) using either the shift key (selecting a range) or the ctrl key (selecting transactions individually), once you have a group highlighted, right click on the highlighted transaction and select "edit" from the dropdown list.  From there, you can change a given field on all selected transactions.

NOTE: make a backup first in case something goes wrong
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.