Quicken does not offer matching transaction as an option

I am using Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property for Windows: Release R17.6

I have seen this problem before, but it happened again today. This time, I have a bill reminder for Freshly. I entered the reminder, adjusting the amount and date to correlate with the actual transaction that posted to the register from my bank account. The reminder says "uncleared" needing to be matched to a downloaded transaction. But when I click to "uncleared" to try and match it, quicken does not offer the matching transaction as an option. It is the same amount on the same date, as you can see from the image. The only way I have found to resolve this is to simply delete one of the transactions. 

So, why doesn't it find my match?

Thanks,

~Chris

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    See 2 lines below the highlighted transaction in your register.
    You have already downloaded and accepted a transaction for this payee with the same amount.
    For the process of recording a reminder transaction and having it match to a downloaded transaction to work, the reminder must be recorded before you download transactions, especially if you auto-accept downloaded transactions.

P.S.:
    I notice you use Register Column Amount together with Charge and
    Payment
    Columns

Does your account
    register show the Amount column together with Charge and Payment (or Payment
    and Deposit) columns?

Depending on your personal preference you should use

• either the traditional pair of Charge and Payment columns together

• or the newer Amount column alone (where you have to enter negative amounts
    with a Minus sign and positive amounts with a plus sign)

but you really don't
    need all three of them.

Please decide which columns to use and remove the other one(s) from the view.

Q Windows: To add /
    delete columns in your register click the Register Columns gear icon located
    next to the Balance column header.

Q Mac: there's a Columns button at the bottom right of the register view

• Chris SChris S Member
    edited January 28
    UKR said:

See 2 lines below the highlighted transaction in your register.
    You have already downloaded and accepted a transaction for this payee with the same amount.
    For the process of recording a reminder transaction and having it match to a downloaded transaction to work, the reminder must be recorded before you download transactions, especially if you auto-accept downloaded transactions.

P.S.:
    I notice you use Register Column Amount together with Charge and
    Payment
    Columns

Does your account
    register show the Amount column together with Charge and Payment (or Payment
    and Deposit) columns?

Depending on your personal preference you should use

• either the traditional pair of Charge and Payment columns together

• or the newer Amount column alone (where you have to enter negative amounts
    with a Minus sign and positive amounts with a plus sign)

but you really don't
    need all three of them.

Please decide which columns to use and remove the other one(s) from the view.

Q Windows: To add /
    delete columns in your register click the Register Columns gear icon located
    next to the Balance column header.

Q Mac: there's a Columns button at the bottom right of the register view

That helps. I was leaving the reminder as "Due" in the register until the corresponding transaction actually downloaded to the register. I guess I need to be sure to "enter the reminder" before the transaction downloads. Although that seems a bit arbitrary. Also, sometimes when I go to match a transaction it offers me options that were downloaded months ago. So there seems to be some inconsistency there. 

Regarding the columns, I think it just defaulted that way for me, though "amount" makes more sense to me, and the others have been a cause for confusion. For some reason I thought that I had to put the number in either deposit or payment and let amount calculate. I didn't realize I could add directly there. That is nice. Thanks for the tip,
This discussion has been closed.