I got a suspicious email from email address: [email protected] and want to determine if it is a

IvanLeeIvanLee Member
edited January 27 in Before you Buy
I got a suspicious email from email address: [email protected] and want to determine if it is a phishing email. The subject is: Alert: Quicken Connected Services Expire April 30. 
In the body of the email, it states that I will lose all my ability to download transactions from my bank on April 30 unless I upgrade to at least Quicken 2017. I am currently using 2016 version. 
Can anyone tell me if this is a phishing email or is Quicken really going to do this?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    That would be notification for your version being sunset: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    AND, that email is completely true.  If you're still running Q2016, all access to Q Support (but not this forum) and all ability to download transactions into Q (including downloading outside of Q and then trying to import) will cease on 4/20/19 ...  approximately 3.5 years after the product was first released.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    AND AGAIN, you might want to change your forum nickname to something other than your email address unless you really do want spam.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Michael MaltzMichael Maltz Member
    edited January 25

AND, that email is completely true.  If you're still running Q2016, all access to Q Support (but not this forum) and all ability to download transactions into Q (including downloading outside of Q and then trying to import) will cease on 4/20/19 ...  approximately 3.5 years after the product was first released.

Isn't it possible to download the file from the bank and credit card companies and import them into quicken non-automatically?
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26

This is part of the online functionality that expires 4/30/19.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited January 26

That doesn't really answer my question. Can I import the data file in a different way?
    edited January 26

AND AGAIN, you might want to change your forum nickname to something other than your email address unless you really do want spam.

Will do.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26

Not using QFX. If you are using QWin you can try QIF or download other formats like CSV and use a converter to QIF, which is not blocked by the expired online functionality.

For QMac, there are no alternatives once the online functionality expires.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited January 26
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Bill Pay vs Bank Bill Pay.

I was warned my Quicken online services would expire 4/30/19.  I have always used payment services in Quicken through my bank, PNC.  As much as I think Quicken is great & have used it since 1997, I am troubled by their (intentional?) lack of clarity in some areas.  Specifically if Quicken disconnects whatever they mean by online services, will I lose the ability to pay my bills and download data through & from PNC.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Bill Pay vs Bank Bill Pay.

I was warned my Quicken online services would expire 4/30/19.  I have always used payment services in Quicken through my bank, PNC.  As much as I think Quicken is great & have used it since 1997, I am troubled by their (intentional?) lack of clarity in some areas.  Specifically if Quicken disconnects whatever they mean by online services, will I lose the ability to pay my bills and download data through & from PNC.

as this merged thread shows - the answer is YES -
    the online services are "sunset" after 3.5yrs -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26

Michael Maltz
    Isn't it possible to download the file from the bank and credit card companies and import them into quicken non-automatically?

--------------
    Let's recap - your Quicken program "online" features are going to expire 4/2019 -
    and you are looking for a way to go around this "sunset" to still have the online & import capabilities. 

Does your bank and CC website even offer manual downloads ?
    What format is the data - if the manual download is even avail ?
    How will you use and/or convert the downloaded data, if required ?
    How will you import this data into your Quicken program - if possible ?

OR - you could just upgrade - and the "online & download magic" is all included

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10