Recent Update causes problem in Q 2019 Canada

ceschnurrceschnurr Member
edited January 28 in All things Canadian
I am using Quicken Starter
Year:  2019, 
Version:  R16.16, 
Build:  27.1.16.16
Edition:  Canada

At the top of  each register there is a Search box to query text in that register.  Additionally, there used to be a Search box on the Home screen that would query all registers.  I often used the search box on the Home screen.

When my Quicken was updated to R16.16, I notice the box on the Home screen is no longer there.  Was this a real change to the software, or is it a local setting I need to reset in order to see it.

Comments

• MarcRMarcR Member
    edited January 27
    It appears to be gone in the 2019 in the Home & Business Version with the same update too!  Not good as I use it often as well. An unfriendly workaround is to go to Edit and use Find/Replace to actually locate something (Ctrl+H).
    Please put the universal search box back Quicken!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27

The search box that, in older versions, was part of the Quicken Toolbar has moved up to the title line of the Quicken window.
    Or are you saying that the Global search box up there is now really missing in your Canadian version? (I have the US version and my Global search is still there)
  • edited January 26
    UKR said:

The search box that, in older versions, was part of the Quicken Toolbar has moved up to the title line of the Quicken window.
    Or are you saying that the Global search box up there is now really missing in your Canadian version? (I have the US version and my Global search is still there)

@UKR: Yes, it is really missing from Canadian R16.16. The search bar is not even in the title line of the Quicken window. You can use Tool-->Find instead, but that isn't anywhere near as convenient.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    UKR said:

In the hope that this problem will be brought to the attention of the programmers, I'll have a moderator change this discussion to an "Idea".
    Idea posts are supposed to be reviewed by the programmers.

I hope they get a round tuit soon and fix this problem ...
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    UKR said:

If it is a bug, the best thing is to use "Report a Problem" under the Help menu in Quicken. You can even include a link to this thread. That will definitely get to the developer team.

Review of these IDEA threads by the development team is far more periodic.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited January 27
    UKR said:

I've reported the problem using "Report a Problem" under the Help menu. I hope of other users of the same version do the same.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced. The global search box in the top right corner of Quicken for Windows Canada 2019 has been temporarily removed as part of the recent .Net Framework updates, released in the R16.16 release.

Our Development team have confirmed the Global Search option will be returned in a future release but for now, has been temporarily removed.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • edited January 28

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced. The global search box in the top right corner of Quicken for Windows Canada 2019 has been temporarily removed as part of the recent .Net Framework updates, released in the R16.16 release.

Our Development team have confirmed the Global Search option will be returned in a future release but for now, has been temporarily removed.

Thank you,

Sarah

@Quicken Sarah: Thanks for posting the official answer !
  • @Quicken Sarah: Any idea when we'll get the next Canadian release ?  I have the bug that was there in the US version at that point (Membership expred message) and I saw US version is already at R18.14 ?

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.