Are all accounts supposed to be included in Find & Replace?

is there a way to find out which accounts are included when using Find & Replace? I've made a report that includes transactions from several credit card accounts, one of which is closed. I need to recategorize a couple of those transactions. When I go to Find & Replace, the "Exclude hidden & closed accounts" is UNchecked. When I click on Find All, only one transaction appears, not the 5 I need to change that were in the report. 

Anyone know what might be up with this?

Quicken 2019 Home, Business & Rental current build
Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 26
    Double clicking on the amount of the transaction in question should open the register with that transaction and have that transaction selected.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob_LBob_L SuperUser
    edited January 26
    Also, some reports provide the option to re-categorize by right clicking on the transaction.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • NardarNardar Member
    edited January 27
    I know how to do both things you describe in your replies. What I'm trying to find out is why I get different results in the two reports when they should be the same.

Let me try again.

1. Created a Category Report that pulls up 5 transactions from two different credit card accounts, one of which is open and one is closed. 

2. Went to Find & Replace in order to recategorize all of those transactions at the same time. Since I used the same parameters that I used to create the above-mentioned report, I expected "Find All" to pull up the same 5 transactions from both accounts.  However, only one shows up, which is located in the open credit card account. 

What happened to the other four? I haven't checked "exclude closed or hidden accounts" which means that those other four should show up.

Why the discrepancy between Create a Report and Find & Replace?
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser
    edited January 27
    Nardar said:

I know how to do both things you describe in your replies. What I'm trying to find out is why I get different results in the two reports when they should be the same.

Let me try again.

1. Created a Category Report that pulls up 5 transactions from two different credit card accounts, one of which is open and one is closed. 

2. Went to Find & Replace in order to recategorize all of those transactions at the same time. Since I used the same parameters that I used to create the above-mentioned report, I expected "Find All" to pull up the same 5 transactions from both accounts.  However, only one shows up, which is located in the open credit card account. 

What happened to the other four? I haven't checked "exclude closed or hidden accounts" which means that those other four should show up.

Why the discrepancy between Create a Report and Find & Replace?

So you are saying that the Find and Replace seems tio be excluding the closed accounts.  The quick test i did showed that closed accounts were in fact being included as expected in the find and replace, so perhaps it is something to do with the transactions themselves rather than their account?  I suggest you take a hard look at the criteria you are selecting to see if that could be the issue.  For example using Contains instead of exact matches might show what is going on. (as to why it differs in a report setting, I do not know).
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • NardarNardar Member
    edited January 27
    Find & Replace is including the closed accounts, which is why I don't get it.  In any case, I'll give it another try, and look again at the criteria.  If I'm still having trouble, I'll post again.

Thanks.